Making An Effort

Making An Effort

A Story by Blayk McCartney
"

Instead of a legitimate story like normal, I'm posting a sort of rant I suppose. Its a bit to explain why I'm late and a bit of, I dunno, advise.

"
 Work, work, work; we seem to be born to work more often then create. Its sad but true and for our society, necessary . For a couple years its all play, then you start going to school -which is work in itself- then we learn about the necessity of money and the pressure to get it and spend it. Once your out of high school your either getting a lone and going to collage or finding a job. 

 I chose finding a job and it took me three years to finally get one which failed in a month or two. My second, roughly a year later, is not a local place, its a leading shopping center... And its a night shift.
 Its hard to transition to night shift when you normally spend your time awake in the day. No sun light, social interaction is lower, things are quieter, cooler, louder. Most definitely strange. I've not only noticed this strangeness but felt it in my core; its an odd, uncomfortable feeling that sits in the middle of your chest and gently turns and tightens... Its an uneasy feeling but its also not a bad or good one.
 Besides how I'm feeling physically and mentally, about the night shift, the work itself is frustrating and has a tendency to rub me wrong. All the numbers alone stresses me out and once the night is done, its hellish to walk home. I have to take a bus home; I have to wait an hour and a half for the bus well home is only twenty minutes away -when I'm fresh and energized.
 I do this four nights a week, seven hours a night. Admittedly, its not the worst thing ever. The people are really friendly and helpful... and jokers. That makes a big difference. I'm also not doing terrible, I'm clearly new, but I'm not to bad at the moment.

 Most of us will be humanities solders, only working jobs that will never be more then a job, never to make something more, to create something new, better, or simply our own. That doesn't mean you have to except that though, you can plan and fight and work so hard, putting blood, sweat, and tears into it until you can see a piece of your soul in it.
 You'll more then likely need to do something else well you work at it, more school, or some crappy job but with enough effort, you won't have to be that worker ant anymore, you could make art, write, make music, you could teach scuba diving, or own your own business, maybe give yourself superpowers and save the world. Hell if I know, and hell if you know if you don't even try! 
 I tell you this as I sit on a stone bench, sore feet and sweaty from a hard nights work at my own crappy job, waiting for a bus in the morning cold. I tell you this well I'm late on my own self imposed due date for a piece of fiction I once a-bloody-well-gain can't get done on time because I'm still adjusting to my job that I need to potentially support myself well I work toward my dream of making a career out of writing fiction.

 Have a good day, and work hard to create something for yourself, its sure to make your day just that much better.

© 2015 Blayk McCartney


Author's Note

Blayk McCartney
I'll do my best to get an actual story out at the end of the month. I am sorry about this, work really does have me by the balls at the moment, so to speak

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 14, 2015
Tags: life, advise, rant, fill in

Author

Blayk McCartney
Blayk McCartney

BC, Canada



About
I suffer from depression and anxiety, but I'm working on recovering. I'm in my early 20's and jobless I love reading, graphic novels, comics, and novels. I also love Nintendo games and Minecraft .. more..

Writing