The Flower of Six Colors

The Flower of Six Colors

A Story by Khalil Abda
"

A man living an eternal life, losing one of his goals and dreams.

"
It was really such a pain to be honest. All those years he was just standing there watching her from behind, being unable to see her face. All that time, it was only him and his imagination. He had pictured every possible image for how much a beautiful face she can have. He even thought she could be an angel. But who can believe that an angel would appear or even stand in front of a person like him. A man full of sins. A man who followed the whispers of the devil for so many years. A cruel man that cannot be forgiven. 

Artwork by Sylvain Sarrailh.
However, there was a night, a different night. It was indeed a night he will remember for the rest of his endless life. He was standing as usual in the same place, waiting for the “angel” to show up. A couple of hours have passed and there is no signs of her. He got confused. He started getting mad. The yelling on his working men has also started. All he can the think about was her. How come she was late? He took out his old cracked chillum; that was the first time for him to smoke in a while, he thought he quit. The moment he lit it and raised his head up, it started raining like a dark night of December. Then he noticed the light. Her light. It was the also first time he saw her shining like that. He became mad. He stopped acting like he doesn’t care. He decided to go and see her, see what kind of unusual human she was. He started walking towards her steady like an agent, mad as a pirate, hands trembling like never before. He reached her. Only one more step and he can touch her. He threw the chillum away, put his hand on her left shoulder and made her turn around. Time stopped. All those dark feelings have vanished. All the voices and the noises disappeared too. He can’t hear or feel anything. Even his heartbeats. He wasn’t able to stand anymore. He got down on his iron knees. He saw her face clearly. It made him speechless and in shock. He was shocked. He never thought that he will see such a beautiful face again. Not after his dead wife’s. He was about to believe he is seeing a god but he don’t believe in such a thing. Not after he started believing only in himself. That’s what made him immortal, at least that’s what he thought. The lights in her eyes made remember all the wrong he did. All the dark brutal past he lived and went through. He can’t look into them anymore so he looked down. That’s when his heart really stopped beating. He saw what he was searching for the past three centuries. The Flower of Six Colors. The Flower of Six Colors was around her neck. He wanted to touch it but he couldn't. He wasn't even able to breathe. Two hours and a half passed. The rain stopped. The moon appeared and she was about to leave. She started walking away. While he wasn’t able to even move, he watched the guardian of The Flower of Six Colors leaving like it was the last time. Yes. It was the last time, he waited for her to comeback for years and of course nothing happened. Another dream reached an end.

© 2017 Khalil Abda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on July 18, 2017
Last Updated on July 18, 2017
Tags: fiction, thrill, love, story

Author

Khalil Abda
Khalil Abda

Nefza, Beja, Tunisia



About
I write when I feel like writing. more..