Invisible

Invisible

A Story by Emilie
"

Kendall wants Logan to know that no matter how bad it gets he'll never be alone.

"

Logan sat on the front porch of his house. He was so utterly upset at that moment. He glanced down at the bleeding wound on his arm and felt a few tears leak from his eyes. Did anyone care, though? Nope. Nobody gave a s**t if he was both physically and emotionally drained. Did anyone care when they saw him get beat up at school? No way…instead they watched and laughed. They enjoyed seeing him suffer. Logan understood why no one helped, he figured they didn't want to get hurt either. It was the fact that they snickered at how 'weak' he was that made him the most angry about this. Something in the back of his mind told him that if his friends were there they would have helped in a heartbeat. Sadly, they all were in class. 

 

When he went to get a notebook that he forgot from his locker, he ran into a few students who were about to ditch. He didn't mean to bump into them, though they didn't let it slide at all. Instead they threw him to an open locker. The corner of the door slit a huge cut into Logan's arm. He had to go home early, but his mom didn't care that he was hurt…all that mattered to her was getting back to work after dropping her son off at home. She didn't check the cut, or ask him if he needed anything. She let him in and left. His dad was away on business…again…even if he was home; he wouldn't have asked what happened.

 

Logan choked back a sob and wiped his eyes. He hated crying. It made him feel like a baby, and it only made whatever was bothering him hurt more. He debated on calling Kendall…but didn't want to bother him with his problems. Besides it was about 2AM, and he was probably sleeping.

 

"Logie Bear." Logan heard from behind him, suddenly a warm palm was placed on his back.

 

Logan looked up at his older friend, Kendall, and let out a weak smile. Kendall sat next to him and wrapped his arm around the smaller raven haired boy's shoulders.

 

"H-ey, man." Logan's voice cracked from the crying before. He sniffled, trying to steady his breathing, "It's late w-what are you doing h-here?"

 

"Oh gosh." Kendall gasped at Logan's arm, "You need to clean that out."

 

Logan blushed, he was the 'doctor' he should have known that, "I k-know."

 

"I tried to leave school to see if you were ok." Kendall mumbled, "Mr. Doyle didn't let me though…and I had to watch Katie…and…I should have come sooner…but…I…and…s-sorr…"

 

Logan cut Kendall off by leaning his head on his lap, "It's ok, Kindle."

 

The blonde chuckled a little under his breath at how Logan struggled to say his name at times due to the southern accent he had. Logan didn't find it funny like he usually did. Kendall let out a small sigh, feeling bad for his younger friend now.

 

"N-nobody c-cared. W-when they saw me h-hurt…the o-other students in the h-hall laughed at m-me and my m-mom didn't c-care either." Logan whimpered, holding back sobs.

 

Kendall took his thumb to wipe the forming tear from Logan's eyes, "I wish I was there."

 

"M-me t-too." Logan said under his breath, not wanting to fall apart in front of Kendall like he did earlier. Out of his very small group of friends, he was always the youngest and the smallest for that matter; Logan hated it. Kendall was on the football team and seemed so strong...why couldn't he be like that?

 

"I-I f-feel l-like I blend in w-with the l-lockers at s-school…like no-no one sees me o-or cares. Even at h-home I-I f-feel so invis…" Logan was cut off by a hug.

 

"…you'll never be invisible with me around." Kendall promised.

 

"Kenny…" Logan said in a small voice.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Thanks." Logan managed to whisper, being too exhausted to say anything else.

© 2013 Emilie


Author's Note

Emilie
Again, sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes. I hope you found this a little heart-warming :) thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
k.a
very nice :)! I'd like to read more about Logan

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emilie

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I'll have to add more stories about him on here sometime then (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on March 31, 2013
Last Updated on March 31, 2013
Tags: friendship, brothers, bullying, invisible, bromance

Author

Emilie
Emilie

About
I consider myself quirky, unique, and a little crazy…but an over all interesting individual. When I’m not writing, I’m blogging! Um, wait…that’s still writing. I me.. more..

Writing
After All After All

A Story by Emilie


Something Something

A Poem by Emilie