Guardian (teaser)

Guardian (teaser)

A Story by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
"

Well, I'm back with this (at least for a little bit). This is merely an introduction for Roy, the main character of a book which I have recently found the zeal to work on.

"

 I have grown accustomed to and comfortable with boring days; for it might as well be proven that the memorable events of my days and weeks are much more often unpleasant than not. For example, today was the start of a new semester and new classes. Second period was Advanced Biology. Lab partners were assigned, and the pairs worked on a lab experiment of which the purpose was merely to introduce equipment which the teacher must have forgotten that we all were familiar with. A girl named Maria worked with me. She had a reputation of an aspiring--that is to say, second-rate-- social butterfly, and so she was unafraid to break ice with a more intimate subject then the weather.

“So, Roy,” she began. I made an affirmative grunt. I made no eye contact, paying attention to the equipment before me instead.

“People like to say that you're a bit of a pervert.”

“I'm sure they do,” I answered plainly. I had a strong feeling of how this conversation would end, but I didn't care enough to steer it from that course. I was beyond caring about others' opinions, even a girl's.

“I guess I don't understand,” she continued. My guess was she was disturbed from the honest apathy in my voice concerning my reputation, when hers was of utmost value. “I've never heard of you actually doing anything strange, and you seem normal enough on a daily basis.”

“Yeah, from my knowledge, that's all true as well.”

“Well... then... if you don't mind my asking...”

Maria was a brave girl. I would have expected an interrogator to beat around the bush for a while longer, but she was about to take the next step that I had predicted.

“What exactly makes you so perverted?” I could have spoken her words along with her for how little of a surprise this was.

“How honest do you want me to be?” I already knew her answer, and I already knew mine. It still felt like a formality to ask-- to give a cushion for the discomforting reply I was soon to give.

“Well... completely.” She was nervous and awkward, as she should be. All of my peers, save for one friend, eventually settle on such an emotion after hearing my non-secret anyway.

I abandoned the task before me, dropping my hands before turning my whole body to directly confront Maria. Her lips lightly parted into a sort of scared frown. Her eyes stayed transfixed on my serious face, even though this serious face hadn't changed in many hours.

She retreated involuntarily as I advanced the short distance between us. Her head shot both directions to scan the room, but not one person in the lab paid notice of us. Uncertainly, she halted her retreat and allowed me to come to a proximity that is not socially acceptable between lab partners. “The truth is,” I spoke, staring down at her shorter figure, “I look at you and what intrigues my feelings most is--”

Her hands shot up to her chest, one advancing farther upwards, shielding my gaze from her breasts partially exposed by a white, low-cut shirt. I didn't care. I continued my natural actions, placing one hand on her bare shoulder and the other on her back.

She looked up, paralyzed, terrified; her eyes begging to me and beyond for answers, or mercy-- as if she could decide.

“--your collarbones.” I tenderly leaned down and planted a slow, full kiss on one.

Completing my series of successful predictions, she refused to talk to me for the remainder of the class.


© 2013 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


Author's Note

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
Haha, did I get ya? Here we see a small glimpse of Roy's personality. No, Roy is not uncontrollably attracted to women's collarbones, rather, there is always one thing (generally an unusual one) that he finds attractive in every woman. Roy is not very representative of myself, but I did pull a few key points from my personality and placed them into his. Maria will likely not be a very important character in the future.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good story. I like the way you led me into a good question with a surprise answer. I like the situation and the response. Thank you for sharing your always entertaining stories. A outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


nostal

10 Years Ago

WTF is the point of this review XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 1, 2013
Tags: teen, love, romance

Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing