Concept

Concept

A Chapter by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

This story was inspired by the general emotion and feeling of many anime that I have watched. All of the names will have Japanese origins, and there will be the occasional Japanese word thrown in too. Don't worry, I will do my best to make it as stranger-friendly as possible.
 
Our main character's name is Yamiko. This is significant because it means Child of Darkness. Even though the origin is Japanese, it's NOT a traditional Japanese name; I used my (limited) knowledge of the Japanese language and thought of the name myself. He does not know his exact age, but he thinks he is 17. This is because he has no memory until 3 years ago, where he thought he was 14. The first thing he remembers is a voice in his head that said "Remember, you are born from darkness." Ever since then, he has used the name Yamiko. Yamiko is very good at judging peoples' thoughts and intentions, almost like he has a voice in the back of his head, which guides him through conversations.

Yamiko is certain he is cursed. This is a very important part of the plot. In his 3 years of memory, wherever he goes to live, misfortune and sometimes even tragedy fall upon those around him. For this reason, he has decided that he should never stay in one place for too long, in order to avoid hurting more people.

Our next most important character is Hotaru. Her name means firefly and analogous to her name, she gives a glimmer of hope to Yamiko's depressed outlook. Hotaru is a bright, bubbly ten-year-old. Don't worry, there won't be anything erotic between her and Yamiko. But I do think it would help the story if she were that young.

Yamiko is looking for a temporary place to stay when he finds Hotaru. He asks her where the nearest village is and that starts a conversation between them. He reluctantly tells her about his curse. Being 10, Hotaru believes and accepts it. Yamiko leaves her, not expecting to see her again. Upon entering the village, some thugs pick a fight with him, but with the help of some friendly villagers, they drive the thugs out of town. One man, Hotaru's father, invites Yamiko to join him for a drink at the tavern, which he owns. Yamiko does not tell him about his curse, and Hotaru's father offers him a job. After much decision, Yamiko decides to take it and stay for the time being. Hotaru is the only other person who knows about Yamiko's curse, and she worries about what it will do to the village. Yamiko is worrying too, but does a good job of not showing it.

Eventually the curse catches up to Yamiko, and tragedy starts happening around the village.
Yamiko and Hotaru develop a strong friendship that turns into love, and slowly, Yamiko begins to realize that he is not human, but something else.


© 2010 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


Author's Note

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
I'm going to have a real-life friend help me with all the plot holes, but I want all of your opinions too. In your review, try to answer as many of these questions as possible: What is cool or interesting about this? What would be better changed? Would you read this if I wrote it? How would you end this story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intresting. I want to know what happens. I would defintiyl read this. Ending? mabye its my fantasy daydreamer coming out but u would make a battle to ultimatly break the curse and the little girl as a little sister figure to our child of darkness yamiko

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You are attempting a big task. Your mind is strong. You can anything you desire. I was lucky enough to have 4 children who force me to watch all the shows from Asia. I look forward to reading the story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 16, 2010
Last Updated on November 27, 2010
Tags: concept, fantasy, love, teen


Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing