Classes and Clashes

Classes and Clashes

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne

Classes and Clashes

**2 years later**
Siana collapsed on her bed in exhaustion... it seemed like she was always tired these days. It had been so long since they had been taken from their homes and entered into a rigorous underground academy. Days, weeks, and years all had started to blend into one. She said academy, but to the best of her knowledge, the only students here were herself and her 7 friends. They were trained night and day until they couldn't move anymore and then a little longer after that. They had hand-to-hand combat training, weapons training, strategy classes, survival tests, endurance classes, sloothing classes, and many many more. Siana had always believed teachers were secretly out to get her, now she knew it was true.
"Alright princess, get your a*s upstairs; we're having a meeting." said Rainalf who was the academy's unofficial messenger boy. He was a spoil of war as well (the only son and heir to a vast fortune that had been taken after Sachat had conquered his town as well) and he had already been working as the Commander's slave for the past 6 years now. Messy brown hair overshadowed yellow green eyes set in a face that was neither ugly nor particularly attractive. He was cynical and sarcastic, but still humorous enough that Siana didn't particularly mind having him around.
"I can't go." moaned Siana, "I just finished classes and I am dead..."
"Well then the dead will just have to rise, because our sweet, sweet, commander has ordered you to the upstairs dinning area." grinned Rainalf before shutting the door. Siana sighed and rolled out of bed knowing it was true. She had improved more than she would have believed possible in the time they had been here, but she still had yet to out maneuver the commander. 
Stretching sore muscles Siana headed up to the dinning area. She supposed they were having the meeting in the dinning area so Rachel could eat while they commenced their meeting. In the beginning their teachers had instead that they only required two meals a day at 5am and 9pm and had ignored all protests. However, seemingly they were not used to having a hypoglycemic on their hands and within the first day Rachel was not only completely useless and shaking but she feinted 5 times and nearly had a seizure. After that they made sure there was always food available to them... even if the food was fairly disgusting most of the time.
Siana grinned in spite of her weariness when she walked into the dinning hall and was greeted with the predictable sight of Rachel and Alana sitting on the tables and the rest sitting all of them eating boisterously. They had all slimed down a bit since they had gotten here, the baby fats of childhood replaced by rock hard muscles. They were also significantly paler considering that they were hardly ever out in the light of day.
"Siana!" said Jaya happily hopping up to hug her, the others heads instantly popped up and Siana found herself mobbed as usual.
"Alight you pansy's, settle down." growled the commander.
"Yesir!" grinned Yasmine as they quickly flopped back into their various seats and perches. 
"As you know we've been training you all quite broadly in many fields that you might need to use as Sachat's personal secret team." the commander's good eye swept over ever face, "What you might not have realized is that we have been very closely observing and testing you these past 2 years in both your classes and your missions. You will still learn all trades incase you need to suddenly need to switch responsibilities, but you should know by now that everyone has their own set of special talents that they are better suited to carry out than others. Your first real assignment as a team is in 3 months. in that mission we shall see if we truly picked correctly for your roles... Siana!"
"Yes?" said Siana jumping slightly, he must have noticed that her attention was starting to drift. She shifted nervously; she hated the commanders punishments.
"You will be the teams monkey"(for those of you who don't know this a genuine term for a person in a team who's job is to get into hard to get places such as fortified manors and such)
"Okay." said Siana in relief, that wasn't half bad; she was quite skilled with lock picks and hacking... also her acrobatic skills were quite developed. This was a job she could do.
"Yasmine, you will be the metal-man (a term used for the person in a team with the most physical sway and is usually in charge of any matters requiring brute force). Sarah your role will alternate between doppler (the person set in front view and serves as a distraction) and messenger. Rachel you will be the teams apothecary (you should know this one, but it is a person who can either be someone who gives medical attention and healing or deals in poisons and direct sabotage of the persons health via medical means). Bethany you will be the teams strategist. Jaya the capo (the lower boss that give orders out to the soldiers or in our case team members). Rylie will be the enchanter (the person who does the talking and generally convinces people to do things) and Alana will the underground spy."
"Understood." they replied in unison.
"Sir, what exactly is our assignment though?" asked Bethany looking like she might regret asking.
"Glad you asked. Have you heard of the Walker family?"  asked the commander, they all shook their heads, "Well, the Walkers are currently the rulers of the largest country not under our control. Currently the father's health is waning his thrown will son be yielded to one of his three sons; Tyki, Neah, and Allen. Your assignment is to make sure that the two older sons are completely disinherited and that the youngest son gets the thrown. This is mostly because the people like the youngest son the best and are more likely to be loyal to him and his decisions. At some point you girls need to get Rachel on the thrown as well."
"Why me?" asked Rachel looking startled and slightly queasy.
"Because you are the teams apothecary and you can slowly sabotage your husbands health in a way that no one suspects anything. Once he is dead it will be extremely easy to make negotiations for control over the country. Also it will help if you bare him a heir at least so that the wealthier families of the country don't try to jump up and seize control of the thrown; we don't want power over a country in shambles. After that your sister had agreed to take your place as queen there (you look almost exactly alike so it won't be a problem) and you will return to continue you missions for Sachat."
"But- but-!" Rachel looked like she might be about to cry... or more likely to throw a table; she always got teary eyed when she was super pissed.
"No "but's" girl." said the commander sternly, "The rest of your jobs are to ensure that this plan is a success; that will probably include getting rid of nosey nobles and the two other princess themselves and anything else that might jeopardize the mission. Just remember; your job is to make it seem like everything that will happen is purely an unfortunate coincidence that can not be traced back to Sachat. There is no room for failure from any of you; you know the consequences. Remember you are not your masters any more. You are clockwork agents."
and with that they were dismissed.


© 2013 TheEverHungryOne


Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
I think I may do smaller chapters but update more regularly... I debated wether or not to even have are boys in this story or go completely OC... but I couldn't resist.
Oh by the way "Sachat" can also be translated as "World Clock" which is why we are "Clockwork Agents"

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

cool beans.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I look forward to the net chap:D

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 27, 2013
Last Updated on May 27, 2013
Tags: whatever


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne