Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Mockingjay Girl
"

Violet's break is over after 2 years. She has to find his body. She has to lay him to rest, so he can move on in peace.

"

It hasn't happened in almost 2 years, but she can feel herself being pulled again. Being pulled from her peaceful sleep, being pulled from the safety of her room. The trees are zooming by her in a blur. Then she changes, turning into another person. Going into a poor soul, stuck on Earth in a vicious cycle. She's now an 8 year old boy instead of a 17 year old girl. She see’s the tall trees towering above her. She feels so small. Violet is scared, scared for what she’s about to experience and scared for the fate of the boy. She's trying to crawl away from the man coming towards her, knife in hand. She gets up to run and realizes her leg is broken. The man lunges for her, holding her down. She has little strength being the small boy and can't move. She knows that no matter how hard she tries she can’t change what’s about to happen, but she can’t accept it. She never did. Violet always tried to change the terrible endings. She kept struggling to get away, but the man takes the knife and cuts her on the cheek telling her to shut up. She keeps crying for whoever the boy’s mother is. The man threatens her, but still she can't stop crying. She wishes she could so she could save the boy, but she knows she has no control. The boy’s fate is set now. She has no way to move. She knows what will happen next. The man takes the knife and slices her throat. She lays there in the poor boy’s body, bleeding out, asking “Why him?” Then it's over and her soul leaves the boy’s body and zooms back to her own room. Safe and alive, unlike the boy.

 Violet knew she was wide awake now, even though it’s only 3 AM. She could still feel her heart beating faster than usual. Death is something she never gets used to. Every death she experiences just seems to get worse each time. Violet tried not to cry, but she lost it. She cried for her pain and that poor boys death. Once she got herself back together, she knew she wasn’t going to fall back asleep and had to think about what she’s going to do for the next 4 hours until going to school. She also had to plan on when she would go looking for the body of the boy. While in his body, Violet tried concentrating on the details around her. She noticed that she was in a forest past town, but not much more than that. She was too concentrated on being the boy and what was happening to him. She knew she would never know the whole story of the boy. The souls never talked to her. Their stuck in the cycle of their death until their bodies are buried, and then they move on. But she didn’t. She couldn’t. The deaths haunted her day and night, repeating in her mind. Until the next one replaced it.

She noticed it was now 6:30 AM. It’s only a week into her junior year, but she still has a lot to do. Violet loves being in clubs and sports. Some people would say she is popular and she knows it. They like her spunky style in clothes and the way she does thing. Violet takes her time picking her outfits and doing her hair. Today she decided to curl her strawberry blonde hair, pushed slightly back with a cute, green flower clip that made her blue eyes stand out. She picked out her plaid black and white suspender shorts with her lime green dinosaur tank top. She put on her knee high converses, grabbed her keys, and headed out the door. Violet loved her car, which is a lime green KIA soul. Lime green is her favorite color and has been since she can remember. Everything in her room is lime green like her walls, her pillows, her comforter, and about everything else. She realizes she might be late picking up Chloe, her best friend, so she pulls out her cell phone and calls her.

“Hey Chloe, It’s Vi! I might be a bit late today.”

“ It’s fine. I can wait. I’m not even done getting ready.”

“Okay well be there in about 15”

“K. Be careful. See ya.”

Chloe was the only one allowed to call her Vi. Violet and Chloe have been best friends since 2nd grade, when Violet stuck up for her. Kids always used to pick on Chloe for being short and kind of chubby. But Violet loved the way Chloe didn’t care what people said or thought about her. She didn't change for change anybody and that's what made her a strong and independent person. That's what made Violet so determined to become her friend, and when Violet is determined there was no stopping her.

            When she pulled up to Chloe’s house, Violet could see the kitchen light on. She honked the horn twice, telling Chloe she was there. Chloe ran out the house holding a bagel and he zebra print book bag. This was a usual routine for Chloe, always rushing out the door backpack and bagel in hand. It always made Violet smile, she wasn’t really sure why. Maybe because it’s just one thing that never really changed in her life.  The only thing she had solid in her life was her best friend. Everyone else in her life has hurt her or left her, but she knew Chloe would never do that.

            “Hey Vi! Do me a favor and open the door, please.” shouted Chloe through the passenger window.

            “Got it.”

            “Thanks. We are definitely going to be late.”

            “Well get in here and we can go” Violet said laughing as Chloe threw her book bag on the floor.

As Violet drove them to school, Chloe turned to her with a huge smile. Violet could tell she was about to tell her something great. Violet could always tell by the way Chloe’s face lit up under her dark black hair.

            “Vi, I’m about to totally blow your mind!!” Chloe squealed with excitement.

            “What is it?”

            “Well you know how I told you I was going out last night, right?”

            “Yea...” said Violet skeptically, wondering where this was going.

            “Okay, so I went on a date with Josh Williams!”
            “No way! What happened?”

            “We went to the restaurant in town and after we ate we decided to go to the bowling alley. Josh was so sweet telling me he loved my smile and the way I laughed. We had a really great time. Then, when he drove me back to my house, he walked me to my door, and asked me to be his girlfriend!”

            “Awe! That’s so sweet.” Violet said as she pulled into the school parking lot. She parked near the front of the school. She saw Chloe’s eyes look towards the door, where Josh was standing. He caught Chloe’s eye and waved her over.

            “I will catch you later Vi. See you at lunch.”

            “Okay. See ya.”

Violet watches Chloe give Josh a hug. They look so cute together. Violet wished she had time for a boyfriend, but with her AP classes, soccer, writing for the school newspaper, and now she has another body to find. She didn’t want to think about that now, though. Violet heard the first bell ring. She hurried into the school to start her school day.



© 2012 Mockingjay Girl


Author's Note

Mockingjay Girl
This is the beggining of a story I just started writing. It's the first chapter I just finished. Let me know what you think please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Really interesting idea! I like it a lot! Though I feel it should be a little longer and maybe go more in depth when describing the situation. Try expressing emotion more and put a picture in the reader's head. Overall though I really like it and look forward to the next chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
g
I really like the idea, but the writing needs work. Some imagery would go a long way in this kind of story. Some more discretion of how Violet feels would also be nice as opposed to just describing what's happening.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really interesting idea! I like it a lot! Though I feel it should be a little longer and maybe go more in depth when describing the situation. Try expressing emotion more and put a picture in the reader's head. Overall though I really like it and look forward to the next chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012
Tags: dead, girl, supernatural, murder, souls


Author

Mockingjay Girl
Mockingjay Girl

MD



About
I love Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. J.K Rowling is my inspiration. I love to read non-fiction, ecspecially series. I love to write, but not really sure if im good at it. more..

Writing