The Chain of Torture

The Chain of Torture

A Story by Grand Scribe
"

Torture is a chain - where those above torment those below. Like any other chain, it can be broken; but like every thing broken, there are repercussions.

"

Weakness is a sin.

Tighter still, the noose was made.

They must be cleansed.

The man futilely grabbed at the rope about his neck, the motion imploring. His other hand weakly touched the monster’s, seeking sympathy and freedom. Spikes along its spine bristled in outrage as the demon felt the contact. Quickly, without mercy, the tall figure wrenched the man’s arm from its socket.

Pain! They must be thoroughly cleansed!

The noose was loosened. Blessed air; sweet, revitalizing wind of life! A lungful was drawn in, then immediately trapped. The man, seventy-six years’ worth of weariness etched in lines on his face, clawed again in tortured desperation at the rope around his neck. His eyes watered in agony and suffering; imploring for mercy, receiving pain.

Demonic and gruesome, yet some speck of humanity there still was, trapped in the center of a hailstorm of shadow and darkness in its heart. The apprentice took one look into the man’s pain filled eyes and - before the unseen party could react - grabbed his head and twisted it quickly to the side. Lifeless and without energy, the body slumped over onto its back, the man’s face relaxing into a smile �" a habit of the muscles from a long life of joy.

Blasphemy! The voice hissed angrily. Pain coursed through the demon's head and limbs, straight into its chest - it's core. At once, the servant bent over in agony before the unforgiving punishment from the Master. You will suffer greatly for this… the mental voice boomed maliciously, the dark clouds of its mind surrounding that of the apprentice.

For miles around, there were no sounds to be heard - for none dwelled here any longer - save that of the Demon's tortured screams at the mercy of its Master.

© 2013 Grand Scribe


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on September 2, 2013
Last Updated on September 2, 2013
Tags: demon, torture, malicious, intent, supernatural, gloomy, death, despair, humanity, life