Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by TheGreatAndPowerful

Chapter Two

“Does your dad know you bring a girl in your room?” Ozzy said with a smug smile as she leaned against the wall of Kai’s room. He turned his head and smirked, “Does your dad know you’re in mine?” he shot back making her blush. She huffed crossing her arms, “Listen, just give me the stupid schedule.” He slid his wallet from his back pocket and snapped it open letting stray folded papers fall onto the floor. “Ahhh s**t its one of these” he said crouching down searching for a particular piece of paper. He rose back to his feet handing her a folded paper with her list of classes, “High school is tough, you sure you wont throw up?” he teased. “Please, all the stuff on television just hypes it up into something its not,” she said confidently. 
Kai sorted through the rest of the square folded papers emptying out his wallet and pockets. “Well junior year can be interesting, and by that I mean horrible.” he said with a sigh. “More is expected of you,” he finished shooting her a glance. She rolled just her eyes, “You said that about freshman year, and I doubt junior year can be any worse,” she shivered at the awful memories. 
Outside his window she could hear children and teens gathering around the bus stop. She jerked the door to his room open, “We gotta hurry, I see the bus down the road!” she yelped dashing down his stairs past his mother and younger sister. Following behind her, Kai jumped the last 4 stair steps and beat her to the front door. Bags weren’t needed seeing how nobody knew what they needed yet on the first day. “The first day is always the lightest,” he claimed following up behind her now that they were at the bus stop. Neither wanted to engage in much conversation with others so they kept to themselves at the bus stop until the bus arrived taking them to school.

Most of the students were whooping and hollering as they reunited with their friends, as if they hadn’t seen each other in a billion years when in reality they hung out all summer. The majority of girls wore new 'first day of school clothes’ showing off. Ozzy shook her head taking a seat in the commons area. She didn’t even bother, her fashion was casual and simple. All of her shirts consisted of band merc her father had accumulated over the years at his work that did her figure no justice; and jeans.  She was shaping up now, her body a few pounds too curvy and most of the weight in her thighs and butt which made up for the lack of weight on her chest. Her hair was short and wavy just above her shoulder, with a natural face and occasional eye liner.
Ozzy had separated from her friend, the now Senior Kai Cardell who went off on his way. She felt a pair of sweaty hands cover her eyes and jumped frightened. “Guess who~” a voice called out. Ozzy knocked their hands away, “I know who it is you do the same thing every time you see me,” she snapped and turned around to see her other good friend, Kendall. She was a short girl with dyed black hair who livened Ozzy with her presence most of the time, yet drove her crazy. “Asshat! you could just say my name then!” she yelled smacking Ozzy with the sleeve of her hoodie before hugging her, “I missed you so much!” Kendall was a band geek so shortly after her arrival her posse followed by instinct, getting into random conversations over music, shows, anime, and of course their summer. “What did you do all summer, I hardly saw you” Ozzy said with a small smile showing interest as Kendall went on with a story about her new job. Before getting to involved with Ken’s McDonalds story the bell rang telling everyone they had five minutes before class. “I will catch you later, we have math together” Ken shouted running on her way to weight training. Ozzy set off on her own toward Literature, which was her best subject.
~
“You’re right, they don’t give out much homework the first day” she said and grunted as the bus bounced out of the school parking lot. Kai shrugged folding a handful of syllabus sliding them into his pocket, “Just bring in the stuff needed for the class. Thats about it, except Art of course” he said and leaned back. “I can’t believe we got Art together, I didn’t know you were artistic or...whatever” she said and watched him fiddle a pen with his fingers. “I needed a Fine Arts credit I think is what its called” he said and patted the underside of her chin upward, a common gesture he did to tease. 
The bus was hell on earth compared to the mornings. In the morning everyone was quiet and tired, after school every mouth is moving while the driver is constantly watching over the students from the drivers seat. “Do you think you could come over today? You can bring your console and we can co-op online, because I am awful alone,” she said with a laugh before she was immediately shut down with a no. “I am sorry, I have things to do today Ozzy, maybe another time...” he said and was quiet the rest of the ride home.

~

“S**t,” she mumbled pushing her headset to the ground as she died and the respawn countdown began. “Watch your language,” her father said in the kitchen as he spread mayonnaise on his sandwich. “So you are telling me you are are playing online with at least 100 other people?” he asked narrowing his eyes hearing her curse once more. “Yes daddio, but unfortunately they are all 12,” she said turning the console off before meeting him in the kitchen. “You don’t mind if I take the other half of this do you?” she said grabbing half of his sandwich running off upstairs with it.
Within moments of entering her room and closing the door her phone buzzed in her pocket. “Hello?” she said answering with a bite. “Hey Asshat what are you doing?” Ken said on the other side of the phone. “Im eating a sandwich what are you doing shithead?” Ozzy said back and cleared her throat. “I want to invite you over, I just downloaded some anime and I can’t watch it alone” she said. With a few contemplating chews Ozzy nodded and coughed into the phone, “Sorry about that. uhm yeah! I will need you to pick me up though” she said. “Already on my way” Ken replied. The two hung up and Ozzy quickly pounded down her sandwich and packed a small bag in case she would be there longer than intended. She waited at the door holding her mathbook in one arm and bag in the other. Ken pulled up in her decent looking Ford Ranger and honked. “What the f**k is that book for!” she yelled as Ozzy climbed in. “You’re better at math. So I am going to beat you up so you do my homework. Nerd,” Ozzy said casually. “Who is that and why is he staring?” Ken said pointing up at the Cardell house to Kai’s window where he stood, watching them. Ozzy gave a small laugh, “Thats my neighbor Kai, you don’t know him?” she said. “Nope, I do not,” Ken said speeding off.


© 2013 TheGreatAndPowerful


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm a little confused with the transition and what the first chapter had to do with this one. Still a good story though and I'll deffinatly keep reading.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2013
Last Updated on December 15, 2013
Tags: murder, mystery, horror, serial, killer, romance, gore, sex, friendship, family, murderer


Author

TheGreatAndPowerful
TheGreatAndPowerful

About
I go by my personas name which is Ozzy. On my past account I was Ayumi, and in real life it is Sami. I hope to get back into writing and felt it was necessary to make a new account and start with a .. more..

Writing