Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by TheGreatAndPowerful

Chapter 3

“Hurry up it’s about to start!” a voice called out. Ozzy pushed some hair behind her ear to see her Biology partner shouting for her at the bleachers up ahead. His name was Jordan if she remembered him right. They only just started talking because they had the same love for Youtubers and games. So it was better to partner up with him than anyone else.
She dashed up the bleachers two at a time, careful to not step on anyones lap as she mazed around people to where he sat and took a seat next to him. “Thanks for bringing me, I don’t have my own vehicle yet and I couldn’t miss this” she said looking down at the football field just as the band began to march and perform. He shook his head, “Ahh its no big deal. I was coming anyway to see the game. Im friends with most of the football players and cheerleaders” he mentioned. Ozzy nodded lightly to the blond and snickered, “Im friends with the band geeks” she said. “Oh...yeah they are okay” he finished.
Ozzy remembered how excited Kendall had been for the game, how pretty the winter guard uniforms were this year and that she had to go. Despite how long Ken and Ozzy had been friends Ken had only gotten Ozzy to see one game a year. Her thoughts were distracted when Jordan nudged her. “Have you finished the designs on our project?” he asked. She had to take a moment to remember what he was talking about. “Oh you mean our balloon? Yeah I totally did...” she said lying. They had yet to put their hot air balloon together all because she had yet to draw interesting designs on the balloon to get extra points for creativity. “I was thinking we could make it yellow and red like the brick roads in The Wizard of Oz,” she said. He laughed out loud and placed a hand on her leg, “Okay there, you sure you don’t just have an ego problem?” he asked giving her a blue eyed wink making her blush. “Uhm it was all I can think of really,” she stuttered. 
On the field the music stopped and everyone cheered in the bleachers as the players got into place on the field. “Show your school spirit Oz,” Jordan said handing her a green and white flag. “Go Panthers” he finished. She smiled lightly holding up the flag giving a small cheer. “If I had my own team, I would give them a cool mascot like a dragon,” she laughed beginning to pay attention to the game.
~
“Wasn’t it awesome? You can’t tell me that wasn’t our best performance,” Kendall cheered, sweat dripping down the side of her head from the thick band uniform and headgear. Ozzy nodded giving her a small clap, “Fabulous really,” she commented. A few of Ken’s posse lingered for the moment, talking about their performance and the game. “We won, like always,” Jordan mentioned lingering in the group, “I need to leave however.” Ozzy turned, “Well drive safe, I will work on the designs tonight,” she said watching him go as he smirked. “I know you will," he stated.
~
“I think it’s cool having the whole place to yourself at night, you should invite friends over some time,” Ken said getting comfortable on Ozzy’s bed. Ozzy was sitting on the floor with colored on paper surrounding her in yellow and red. “What did you do for this project?” she asked. Ken rubbed her head, “Well, both my partner and I are into Homestuck so we decided on that.” Ozzy wrinkled her nose, “No yaoi right? I don’t want you to get into trouble,” she asked. Ken shook her head. The red head stood up and stretched her arms, “I am going to shower real quick, help yourself to whatever,” she said gathering clothes before leaving the room. 
Ken kicked her legs a little awkwardly at first before standing up looking around the room. The walls were ridded with wall scrolls, posters, and drawings of her favorite shows, movies, games, music and anime. It was messy, however she knew where all of her things were and there was space to walk around. Ken opened up the first drawer to desk to see a bunch of different writing and drawing utensils. The second drawer was full of paper in different colors and textures. The final drawer was a junk drawer full of random items. “Deck of cards, scotch tape, energy drink tabs a...collar?” she said pulling the collar from the drawer reading the name Avon on the tag. Kendall couldn’t ever remember Ozzy having a pet. She shrugged it off waiting for Ozzy to return to ask about it. Behind her she could feel a cold winter breeze push in through the window. She turned giving a stare out the window as the wind blew the curtains. Moments ago she had been sitting on the bed with no chill from the window. Before she could think about it to much Ozzy entered the room.
“Sorry about that, I like to shower at night,” Ozzy claimed and looked to Ken’s hand, “Why do you have that?” In Ken’s hand was the collar of course and she chuckled, “I am sorry, I was just looking for something and found this. You had a cat?” Ozzy nodded, “A long time ago, but he ran away or something. I found this in the back yard though and couldn’t bring myself around to throwing it out,” she said. “Why didn’t you get another cat?” Ken asked. Ozzy shrugged, “I didn’t wanna get attached to another animal.” Ken went to close the window, deciding to ignore how it opened in the first place. “Your house haunted by any chance,” she asked. Ozzy turned her head, “Don’t you start, I wont be able to sleep!”
Hours went by as the two listened to music, watched random anime, all while Ozzy worked on the final detailing of bricks onto the sheets of paper. “By Monday you will have your balloon together?” Ken asked. “Well its Friday, I am hoping by Sunday Jordan can come over and we can put it together...together!” Ozzy laughed which shortly turned into a yawn. “Im tired,” she said pushing everything on her lap onto the floor and crawling into her bed not giving two. “Good night Ken,” she said not minding her friend on the laptop starting to play games,
~
Saturday afternoon everyone woke up around the same time having late nights. “Morning daddy,” Ozzy said as she walked downstairs with her friend following. “Afternoon,” he corrected. Ken turned her head, “I have work at four so I have to leave here soon.” 
“So dad, tomorrow, I am going to have a friend come over to work on a project,” Ozzy asked when they had a moment alone. 
“Is it someone I have never met?”
“You haven’t, his name is Jordan, we are partners.”
“Can I trust him around my daughter?”
“I think so? If not I can just grab the gun.”
“Good girl.”
Micheal went and hugged his daughter close, “You are getting so big...and you look so much like your mother. Are you mad that I don’t like...shelter you?” he asked with calm eyes. “I just don’t want you to grow up and be angry at me for not letting you do things, but at the same time I don’t want you mad because you feel like I didn’t ‘care’ about you enough to make sure the people you were with were okay or....other stuff,” he ranted on. She rolled her eyes and kissed his cheek, “I am fine, and I will always love you.” Outside Ozzy could hear Ken’s car start up. She rushed outside and yelled for her. “Work called me in an hour early, I have to hurry, see ya!”


© 2013 TheGreatAndPowerful


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Got the last chapter finished.... Wheres the rest!!! This is cool!

Posted 10 Years Ago


TheGreatAndPowerful

10 Years Ago

I will be posting more tonight hopefully!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 22, 2013
Last Updated on December 22, 2013
Tags: murder, mystery, horror, serial, killer, romance, gore, sex, friendship, family, murderer


Author

TheGreatAndPowerful
TheGreatAndPowerful

About
I go by my personas name which is Ozzy. On my past account I was Ayumi, and in real life it is Sami. I hope to get back into writing and felt it was necessary to make a new account and start with a .. more..

Writing