Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Blue Ivory

Julie had never been able to work. She had tried to many times, but her health would fluctuate very frequently, causing her to stay bed-ridden a lot of the time. In the past few years, this had started happening more and more often, putting in Melissa a sense of responsibility and maturity.


As a child, Julie was always very playful and energetic. She rarely ever stayed at home-or so Melissa had heard, from the numerous stories of her parents' childhood that she had been raised with. She sometimes wonders whatever happened to all of that spirit, all of that childlike joy.


For a girl of 15, Melissa had a very grown up look. She was taller than most other girls, and more developed. But now as she had started taking care of herself, her mother and more or less the household, her face had started showing signs of wisdom. It was natural to confuse her to be 4 or 5 years older than her actual age. And many often did. For example, Tommy, her date for the day.


She was sure he was older than her, though she did not know by how much. She did not know much about him at all, now that she thought about it. Nothing but his name and his number. But he seemed like a nice guy, and hopefully, he would not turn out to be inappropriate with her.


She studied her face in the mirror carefully. What was it that he saw in her? She hadn't had the chance to look at herself much lately, and neither had she been in the mood to. She put her golden hair up for a change, but then decided to keep it loose like she always did, and watched as it fell over her shoulders, and down her back, in big waves. She needed a haircut.


Scraping a layer of fungus off the tip with her nails, she applied the long expired pencil eyeliner along her lash lines, hoping she wouldn't have an allergic reaction to it again. It had been a while since she'd worn make-up, or gone out anywhere. Now that she was starting to, she was cleaning up her cosmetics and trinkets one by one.


They were all meeting up for ice-cream. Some of the boys had a bet going to see how much ice-cream they could eat. She told Tommy she would meet him there, as the place was a walking distance from where she lived. That being true, her real reason was, she didn't want anyone seeing what kind of a home she had. Her friends, they did not know much about her personal life, or her situation. They never asked. That was her excuse for not telling them. They don't really care, do they?

She put a coat of red lipstick on, and stepped into her pink ballet flats.


"I'm ready." she thought to herself.



© 2013 Blue Ivory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i am enjoying this story. onto chapter 4

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is good to get to know more and more about the lead character... especially her vulnerabilities... helps the read to like and identify with them more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't really think of anything new to say, except that this continues to be very entertaining. Chapter 4, here we come :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
This girl Melissa is a bit naive and I am already worried about he. I am getting to know the characters as you describe them more. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for following my story :) I will post the next chapter soon.
BL

11 Years Ago

Oh good thanks that will be nice

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013


Author

Blue Ivory
Blue Ivory

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a sugarcoated wreck. A cupcake with a chipped human tooth baked inside it. I breathe out soot left behind by the corpses you tried to bury but I come to you served in a silver platter. A hot.. more..

Writing
Covered Covered

A Poem by Blue Ivory


My Body My Body

A Poem by Blue Ivory


Growth Growth

A Poem by Blue Ivory