Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Blue Ivory

Melissa had never cared much about popularity. Perhaps, that was because she never really had that many friends before. She wasn't one to only prefer her own company, though. She always had about 2 or 3 friends, and felt that they were enough, so she never bothered socializing any further. That was before she met Olivia.


Olivia was the girl who sat next to her on the first day of school. It was art class. She still remembers the day clearly. She had been excited about it being her first time in high school, as she had seen in many movies that this is an important time in a teenager's life. But mostly, she was excited, because she was eager to know what high school students did in Art.


Art was her passion. At the end of the day, it was what calmed her down. Others would smoke, or drink or do drugs, but whenever she got stressed out, she grabbed any scrap of paper she found lying around her mess of a room, and anything that would stain that paper, and made art. Sometimes, she was tempted to use her make-up. But make-up was expensive, and she knew if she wasted it, no one would be willing to replace it for her.


On that first day of art class, Olivia and Melissa started talking, and they got along. Melissa was disappointed to find that on the first day, they were just doing the basics, so she finished what little work the teacher had given them, and started doodling on her canvas. Well, doodling wouldn't exactly be the word for it.


She was painting, and it was abstract art. She didn't make it too complicated. It was just a purple background with black swirly lines on it. Olivia thought it was pretty and asked her what it represented. Melissa thought about it for a while and told her it was a brave heart with its impurities. Olivia said she didn't really understand abstract art, so she went on to explain everything to her.


She was so fascinated by Melissa's art, she started showing it to some friends of hers, in that class. It made her feel special. No one had ever shown her that kind of appreciation, before.


All of that attention brought the teacher over to her easel. Mr. Moore stared at her painting, and said,

"A little show off, are we? Hmm, it's nice, but it lacks depth. You're gonna have to keep trying harder. And why are you painting when the topic is drawing faces?"


She took out her sketch pad and showed him her assigned task,  Unable to say anything, Mr. Moore clenched his jaw and walked away.


"Don't listen to him, Melissa. He just has bad taste." said Olivia.



© 2013 Blue Ivory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is always that one friend who helps us see the world differently and helps us find our true self. Great building up of the story. Will be interested to see what effect her friend has through the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Glad you could read another chapter :)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

My too, gonna do more soon :)
Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Appreciate it :D
I'm looking forward to finding out more about these characters. Great work, keep posting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this story! It is very interEsting. You are more and more leading us into the story, and the charachters. I must say I like it very much. Keep on going. I want to read more! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Yay :D Thanks for reading!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013


Author

Blue Ivory
Blue Ivory

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a sugarcoated wreck. A cupcake with a chipped human tooth baked inside it. I breathe out soot left behind by the corpses you tried to bury but I come to you served in a silver platter. A hot.. more..

Writing
Covered Covered

A Poem by Blue Ivory


My Body My Body

A Poem by Blue Ivory


Growth Growth

A Poem by Blue Ivory