Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Blue Ivory

"So you've seriously never been asked out by anyone, before?" Olivia asked, surprised.

 

"Anytime I have, it was always a dare." Melissa told all of her now eagerly listening friends.

 

"You know, if people need to be dared to ask you out, it means you're intimidatingly beautiful." chimed in her friend Luke.

 

"You should write that down!" Melissa laughed.

 

"I should! It would come in very handy." he said smirking egoistically, like he does.

 

Luke was a new friend to both Olivia and Melissa. They all met in art class, and within a short period of time, grew really close. Luke was a flirt. He would pick up any girl he would meet. He had a boyish charm about him that would make girls laugh. But it never got him a girlfriend. Melissa never understood why. Then again, once she thought about it, she wouldn't go out with him either.

 

The two of them used to be the only single ones in their group. They went to their previous group date together, as the others had forced them to, but it was obvious there was no chemistry between them, so they just stayed friends after that. Now, thanks to Tommy, Luke was the 13th wheel. But he was too important to be left out.

 

"I, for one, cannot believe no one's wanted to be with you. But I am honored to be the first." Tommy said, picking her hand up to kiss it.

 

"I didn't really talk to people much, before, you know?" Melissa informed them, laughing nervously.

 

"The first few weeks of school, you kind of struck me as That-Girl-Who-Sits-In-The-Corner-And-Draws-All-Day." Olivia stated, and Melissa could hear the others agreeing with her. Was she that unsocial?

 

"You draw?" Tommy asked, raising an eyebrow. Once again, she found herself falling for his blue eyes. She understood why that shade was compared to electricity. Looking into them, she would feel a shock every time.

 

"Melissa's an amazing artist! She not only draws, she even paints." Olivia began praising her, excitedly.

 

"Umm, there's also paper mache..." Melissa mumbled, half trying not to show off.

 

"Really? Well, you sound really amazing to me, Mel." with that, Tommy smiled at her.

 

There was no denial he was good looking. And Melissa was sure he was aware of it, since he used his assets to the fullest. She hadn't always had the best impression of pretty faces, but Tommy seemed good hearted. She had been wrong about Olivia, who was the nicest person she knew, in addition to being beautiful, so she probably didn't have anything to worry about with him, either.

 

When the date ended, he offered to walk her home, and she agreed to it. Saying no twice would make him aware that she was hiding something and make her come of as strange. He even paid for her ice-cream. He was a true gentleman.

 

On reaching her house, they stood at her doorstep, and made awkward small-talk. Just like in the movies. This was the first time they got to fully pay attention to each other, as they weren't busy joking around with the others. She pointed that out in their conversation, and he told her he would love to get to spend time with her alone. Then he bent down and kissed her. It was just a peck, but it was enough to drive her insane on the inside, being her first.

 

When pulled away, he winked at her and and said "See ya" coolly. She watched him as he walked away.



© 2013 Blue Ivory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am finally getting around to read this and I found it very well done. That feeling of the first kiss is amazing and you portrayed it nicely with few words. I could feel the butterflies in her stomach. Now why do I think something bad will happen? We'll see...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautifully written!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am finally getting around to read this and I found it very well done. That feeling of the first kiss is amazing and you portrayed it nicely with few words. I could feel the butterflies in her stomach. Now why do I think something bad will happen? We'll see...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
Great chapter, very subtle and love the detail to small moments that are significant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a tender glimpse into that moment; that sweet moment when love is awakened and the heart soars.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love this! Post more please

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I really need encouragement for this, so I appreciate your compliment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013


Author

Blue Ivory
Blue Ivory

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a sugarcoated wreck. A cupcake with a chipped human tooth baked inside it. I breathe out soot left behind by the corpses you tried to bury but I come to you served in a silver platter. A hot.. more..

Writing
Covered Covered

A Poem by Blue Ivory


My Body My Body

A Poem by Blue Ivory


Growth Growth

A Poem by Blue Ivory