Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Blue Ivory

Running into her mother's room and saw vomit on the floor. Julie looked up at her, and Melissa noticed their were tears rolling down her eyes, and blood running down her nose too. That had never happened to her before, so Melissa began to panic. She held her mother and guided her to the bathroom, and stood her in front of the toilet bowl. Once she looked like she could handle herself, Melissa let her go, and ran for her phone to dial Martin's number. Her mother probably needed to be taken to the hospital. He would know what to do.


She dug into her purse searching for her cell phone. But as a woman's bag tends to be, it was taking her a while. She turned it upside down, pouring out the contents on the chair her purse was resting on, and the floor beneath it, creating more of a mess. After finally having found her phone, she searched Martin's number when her battery died.


"S**t!" she muttered under her breath, started turning her room upside down looking for it's charger.


"Mom, are you okay?" she screamed. No response. No time to go check. I'll charge my phone and then see if everything's alright.


She found her charger and plugged her phone in. She had a very old phone, that needed a new battery. It had been that way for the past 2 years, but she didn't have the money to get it fixed. She could have told her uncle about it, but she never really used her phone much until recently, so she didn't think it necessary. Lately, it had really started to frustrate her.


She ran to her mother's bathroom again, and found her panting fro all of that hurling.


"Hang in there, mother. I'm calling Uncle Martin." Her mother nodded.


Melissa ran to her room again, and turned on her phone. She dialled Martin's number, and he picked up on the first ring.


"Melissa, I was just leaving work to go to your house. Is everything okay?" Martin sounded concerned, and affectionate.


"It's mom. She started puking like 5 minutes ago. Uncle, she has a nosebleed! I don't know what to do, I'm really scared! Could you get here fast and-" she explained hurriedly. She could feel herself about to cry, realizing suddenly that she hadn't felt that way this whole time. No this whole, she was holding it all together, so her mother wouldn't be scared. She wondered how she did that.


"It's okay. I'll be there right away." Martin said and hung up.


Melissa wiped away the single teardrop that she just discovered at the edge of her eye, and straightened her back. She walked to her mother's room, and found her mother sitting on her bed, groaning. She looked terrible. Taking her own hand, she rubbed her mothers back gently and said "Uncle Martin's coming. He's gonna be here in a while."


Her mother mouthed something she couldn't understand. She furrowed her eyebrows and her mother repeated.


"I'm fine. I'm fine, I don't need Martin to come." she whispered weakly.


"He's already on his way, and he was coming here anyway. He might bring a doctor with him." Melissa told her, her tone soft and careful. On hearing the part about the doctor, Julie got cautious about her clothes and looked like she was about to get up and change.


"It's okay, we'll pull the blanket over you. No one will say anything." Her mother's eyes then wandered to the mess she had left on the floor. "I'll take care of it." Melissa told her, and then got some cloth to clean it up. A few years ago, she would have screamed and run away at the thought of having to be around vomit. She wasn't one to do housework back then. Not even simple chores. Her mother always took care of everything for her. People always told her, that if anything happened, Melissa couldn't survive. That she was immature, and spoilt from being pampered so much. Look at me now!



© 2013 Blue Ivory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful and nice to read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
Great chapter, very real and eventful

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another amazing chapter. I look forward to reading more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh no what happens next? dont leave me hanging like that

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 7, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013


Author

Blue Ivory
Blue Ivory

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a sugarcoated wreck. A cupcake with a chipped human tooth baked inside it. I breathe out soot left behind by the corpses you tried to bury but I come to you served in a silver platter. A hot.. more..

Writing
Covered Covered

A Poem by Blue Ivory


My Body My Body

A Poem by Blue Ivory


Growth Growth

A Poem by Blue Ivory