Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by TheLastEclipse

"And here we have our latest addition to the arena!" Lifen 'Boom' Shoutspaker, the announcer, spoke with his devilish yet firm voice. "He's been called the rookie of Nudenbourn Ruins. His name is Lizon Hiker!"
A mixture of cheers and boos filled the air as Lizon stepped into the cage for the third time. This time knowing of his opponent he shook nervously in fright and nervousness. Never had he faced a horde let by the furious, bulky and ill-tempered 'Demigod'. This being the brute of zombies and him being weaponless struck the fear of God into him. The rules were simple: Kill or be killed, and the challengers have no weapons or it's an automatic disqualification. Disqualification of course meant death in one of three ways: Torture, starvation, or being thrown into the wilderness outside of Rios. The city or Empire of Rios was the largest of all known rebuilt civilizations. They, of course, could not deem their power in the humanistic manner and only abused their fellow man. They were a Roman empire of sort.
"Today's match is brought to you by Shack's Shackeries, 'Come for repair or get out Shack's hair'. Also our glorious leader has authorized today's match like all others, so give it up for our Godly Lord Mezerriah the Omega!" Boom Shoutspaker yelled as the crowd exploded into cheers. Screams of love and admiration nearly destroyed Lizon's hearing.
The heavily armored guards then locked the gate behind Lizon. The fear-stricken teen shuttered as the huffing of a demigod sent him into panic. He gripped his thigh in what the crowd thought was just a massive case of shock, but instead as the infected sprung for Lizon, who knew he was dead anyway, he ripped of the tight, body fitting uniform revealing steel armor that represented his civilization; Nudenbourn. He unsheathed two daggers slicing three infected gullets in a swallow. Quickly, he threw both of them into two more infected and revealed his irresistible piece. Two m1911 handguns were now in his hands. Dropping the infected left to right, he just avoided the demigod until he could dodge no more.
The demigod and himself were the last two standing. Barely fatigued, he grinned with the blood on his armor. The crowd was in awe. Never had they seen such a warrior. Even if he was breaking the rules they were still amazed at such skill. Such grace you could even say. The demigod seemed to focus on the 19 year old, blond young man. Then suddenly the trance was broken when Lizon fired two shot into the demigod's head. Yet with a seven inch thick skull the bullet did not pierce, it only angered the demigod. Lizon grinned I love it when they put up an epic battle this was it. As Lizon was running from the demigod he shot almost indefinitely until the clip of course ended! He threw the gun down, grabbing one of the blades out of the skull of an infected. He leaped into a sudden stop also doing a complete 360-degree turn and fired the rest of the bullets into the demigod! Stammering and in a daze Lizon leaped onto the shoulders of the 8 foot demigod (this being a runt compared to others) and stabbed repeatedly into the naturally armored neck. Eventually blood reassured him that it was effective. Finally it had enough and threw Lizon onto the ground, knocking his breath out. As he prepared for death the demigod only watched into the distance, as still as a tree. Timber he finally went crashing down.
As soon as Lizon caught his breath, he started to breath a sigh of relief but was soon cut off by the cursing of Boom Shoutspaker and the grapple of guards. As they abused the boy, they violently stripped him of his armor and threw him outside of their walls, locking him out for eternity. A champion of cheating was the last thing he heard from Shoutspaker. But throwing him into the desolate outskirts was a grand mistake. They knew not of his intentions. And as he watched the most recent cheater besides him being engulfed, while screaming for the slightest essence of help or maybe escape, Lizon readied himself for the plot of Rios' falling.


© 2012 TheLastEclipse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

blarghhh lol omg I love how abstract and enticing this is. I can't really tell that something is going on, but I know for a fact that something is.

Shelved it.

x

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 13, 2012
Last Updated on October 13, 2012


Author

TheLastEclipse
TheLastEclipse

Crossville, AL



About
I have been writing since the age of twelve and have been creating oral tales since before that. I am a Christian but have a twisted way in some of my stories. I write poetry, stories, and I'm a cas.. more..

Writing