I. The flame

I. The flame

A Chapter by Mark Daniels

Marcus was sleeping peacefully in his bed when his alarm clock sounded. He groaned and proceeded to roll over and hit the "snooze" button. Marcus hopped out of bed, only to turn around and realize his bed had been torched.

       "Marc..." he sighed. "Did you have to burn yet another one of my beds?"

"Hey, dont look at me, i didnt do anything. you must have been dreaming again." Marc replied groggily.

  It was true. When Marcus dreamt, his emotions usually caused the charring of the things around him.

       "whatever. I'll get another one later." he said, walking out of his room and continuing his preparation for school. He pulled on his usual clothing: a black shirt with matching ash-stained jeans. His hair was pitch black with dark red streaks throughout. He grabbed some food and headed out.

 

    It was snowing outside, yet Marcus felt completely comfortable and warm, despite the frigid temperatures.

    " I wonder what I was dreaming about."

    "Why does it matter?" Marc replied, laying back down in Marcus' mind and closing his eyes.

    Marcus just smiled as he walked by other students who were wrapped up in jackets and scarves.

 

   They eventually walked inside the school and Marcus went directly for his locker. There were burnt pictures of exes, and an old family portrait with one of the faces burned out. He closed his locker door and noticed a smaller girl standing next to him.

    "Hi Marcus." She said happily with a huge smile on her face.

    "Oh, Hey Sara, how are you this morning?" he responded, looking down to see his little telekenic friend.

    "You know how I am." she joked, "how's Marc today?"

    "Tired and lazy as usual." Marcus said, smiling at his comment.

 

    "Hey, if I'm so lazy, then how about i just turn off the heat." he growled angrily.

    "No thank you Marc, that will not be necessary." Marcus thought. Marcus' thoughts were his only form of communication with Marc when Marc resided inside of his mind. Sara giggled when she watched Marcus think.

     "another fight boys?"

     "huh? oh, yeah. when isnt it?" He answered, forgetting about the real world when he was talking to Marc. He picked up his bag and walked off for his first class. Marcus looked around and saw people floating, guys showing off super strength, girls using their powers to make "friendly" fun of other kids. But no other elementalists. No other kids who control things like water, earth, fire, etc. He felt different and out of place, but at the same time, he felt right at home.



© 2010 Mark Daniels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on October 6, 2010
Last Updated on October 6, 2010


Author

Mark Daniels
Mark Daniels

44077, OH



About
Well, here you go. This is my personal poetry/writing site. Please, feel free to browse around and read that which i have created. Also leave me some comments and suggestions, they're all welsome. Oth.. more..

Writing