II. Control

II. Control

A Chapter by Mark Daniels

    For Marc, the day just never seemed to end. But for Marcus, he just wanted to see her. Her name was Rei, and they had been "dating" for almost 6 months. And by date, it meant they never really saw each other because Rei was aleays "busy". Marcus had begun to doubt Rei's love for him. It especially annoyed Marc because these thoughts occupied his mind, thus keeping him up.

 

    "Hey Marc?" Marcus asked, looking around at the falling snow on his way home from school.

    "Dude, you know what i'm going to say..."

    "Ask Rei." they both said simultaneously. Marcus sighed and looked at the sidewalk.

    "But what if-"

    "then you drop her like a rock kid, it's that simple."

    "...I hate it when you say it like that."

 

    Marc sat up and thought for a while.

    "I have an idea!"

    "Why does it sound really bad when you say it?" Marcus stated, feeling a bit worried.

    "Because i'm a demon, therefore, everything i say is going to sound bad." Marc pointed out.

    "This is true." Marc smirked. "Alright, so what is this plan of yours?"

    "Okay, hear me out. You know how you burn the people you hate?" Marc visualized for reference.

    "Yeah. what about it though?"

    "Well, it kinda works the same way with me."

    "Ok, now im confused." Marcus said, looking up and walking up his driveway. Marcus lived alone since it happened. He didnt always mind the loneliness, but sometimes it just seemed to get to him.

    "When I became one with you, I had to promise to protect you. And in this modern day and age, that consists of, among other things, protection from broken hearts."

    "Ah, so what were you trying to say?"

Marc groaned and sighed.

    "Wow, you can really be dumb sometimes. Touch her hand, without your gloves. If you burn her, then you weren't meant to be."

    "Sometimes your plans make the most sense, but ate the hardest to execute."

Marc just laighed a little and sat back, leaving the work up to Marcus.

 

    It seemed like ages were passing by as Marcus sat outside in the cold, waiting for Rei. Rei didnt have any known powers, but she was ok with that. She walked up the driveway and Marcus stood up to greet her.

    "Hey there stranger." he said happily.

    "Hey." she relpied, smiling at him, then looking at his hands.

    "Nice hands, how come ive never seen these before?" she joked.

    "Oh, these old things? i just figured that maybe this time you could feel your boyfriends hands for once." he choked out a smile as he saw her expression not change. He reached for her hand and touched it, and at that exact moment, Rei jumped back.

   "Hey, what was that for?" she yelled, rubbing the part of her hand he had touched.

   " What was what for? i didn't do anything." He replied, worried and confused.

   "Oh, sure. and I guess you didnt just burn my hand?" she said, looking at the new mark on her hand.

 

    Marcus couldn't believe it. On one hand, Marc was right for once, but on the other....she...

    "I swear, i didnt mean to-"

    "Yeah, sure. Look, it's starting to get late. I think i'm going to go." she said coldly, starting to walk away. Marcus didnt have the courage to say anything, she he just ler her walk away. He looked down and felt a few hot tears.

    "She...she lied to me."

    "Come on Marcus, don't get down about it."

    "she used me." he said blankly. his body started to ignite, but instead of his normal flames, the ones surrounding him were black.

    "Marcus...calm down man, it's just a girl." Marc said with worry in his voice. he was trying to keep Marcus in control of the heat.

    "she never liked me...she just played with my heart." Marcus growled, the heat around him was so intense that the ground beneath him began to melt.

    "Uh, Marcus?" the fire demon stuttered, knowing that his master would not respond. Marc began to pace back and forth, trying to think of an idea before Marcus destroyed himseldand the things around him.

    "What to do, what to do?"

     Meanwhile, Marcus' eyes had turned black, and the flamesshot out of the new hole he had burnt into the ground. Marcus looked at him and sighed angrily.

    "THAT'S ENOUGH!!" He yelled, jumping outside of Marcus' body and manifesting himself as a human. He held onto Marcus' arm and backhanded him across the face. The dark flames disappeared, and marcus looked around, unaware of the state he was just previously in.

    "oh crap, I'm sorry Marc. I forgot that I have no control over my emotions yet." he sighed, putting his head in his hands and feeling horrible, as well as physically exhausted.

    "It's alright boss, you just need to work on it a little." Marc said warmly, hoisting himself and his drained friend out of the hole. He helped the flame-controller to his feet and inside.

    "alright boss man, get some sleep, you need it after that little show. Besides, tomorrow's the beginning of a new life for you."

    Marcus justr nodded and laid himself down. He had used up way too much energy as it was. Marc was feeling a little energetic, so he decided to sit down and look around at their home.

    "You need a lot of work if you are to ever survive Jack...much work indeed."



© 2010 Mark Daniels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i wanna know what happens next :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2010
Last Updated on October 12, 2010


Author

Mark Daniels
Mark Daniels

44077, OH



About
Well, here you go. This is my personal poetry/writing site. Please, feel free to browse around and read that which i have created. Also leave me some comments and suggestions, they're all welsome. Oth.. more..

Writing