VERMIFORM

VERMIFORM

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

Brilliant mind discuss ideas, Average mind discuss events, Narrow minds discuss people, Dull minds discuss dirt.

"



VERMIFORM

If you have a green thumb like my late grandfather, you would appreciate these slimy night-crawlers contributions. Gruesome as these creatures of the dark may look and gross is the dirt they feed on. They are an essential part of our eco-system. We attributed our beautiful flower beds and productive backyard garden to their way of life.

In a symbiotic relationship between the animal and plant kingdom. Even obscured thing like this night crawlers has major role to play in the life cycle of another living things that impacts another creature's environment.

But what happens when people adopt the ways of these night-crawlers and project their lifestyle on another fellow beings ? The effects is not beneficial but rather destructive to someones surroundings as in the case of a talebearer or busybody.

When we, as creatures of the highest kingdom adopted the ways of a night-crawler who shows close affinity to dirt and project it in non beneficial way. We lower our standards of thinking and living by embracing the lifestyle, language and mindset of a talebearer, by choice and by association.

As a fitness guru always reiterated: " Who you are is what you eat and what you feed on is who you are."

By descriptive analogy, don't be like these night-crawlers who love and live for dirt. Their skin is sensitive to light so their deeds and actions are done for the most part underground, in secret, inconspicuous to the naked eye, behind someone's back.

Don't speak and spread dirt. Don't gravitate to the ways of these slimy creatures, nor the world they live in and on the things that sustains them. All they seek and know was dirt. It's a world they were born and accustomed. Its beautiful and tasty to them.

Put our mind and mouth in good use. Let us not go down the level of the worms when we feed and focus on the dirt and mess of others...

by neil aranda 10/01/2016



© 2017 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nightcrawlers/earthworms have noble purpose for burrowing in dirt while talebearers have none except, perhaps, to spoil the reputation of others. This is interesting essay, Neil. However, I got a bit confused as the conclusion appears to be inconsistent with the opening statement. The opening statement pertains to the purpose and/or the significance of life of the nightcrawlers but in the end you pick on the physical attributes of the nightcrawlers to compare it with the talebearers. I must say that the nightcrawlers might probably cringe with this comparison for it is their God-given nature to dwell in dirt while the rumour provocateur or gossiper have the option not to speak or spread dirt. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

7 Years Ago

You are not only reading this piece but also tilling it like someone who meticulously cultivates a s.. read more
NeiL ArandA

7 Years Ago

A person is created in the likeness and image of God. It was also given a Law and Command on how to .. read more
gabrielle

7 Years Ago

I guess, we all have our weaknesses... Thank you also for explaining. I am used to the direct to the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Added on October 2, 2016
Last Updated on October 11, 2017

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA