THE LONGEST DAY

THE LONGEST DAY

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

Any country's leader is only as great as his foreign policy when he knows the limitation of diplomacy and understand the obsolescence of peaceful coexistence - neil aranda

"

The axis of power composed of Germany, Italy and Japan formed an evil allegiance in the Tripartite Treaty signed in Berlin on September of 1940 which heralds the beginning of one of the bloodiest and longest day in human history while the United States is at the height of industrial revolution. 
Germany set its eyes on Europe, while Italy, the Balkans and Mediterranean; Japan, the Pacific. These triumvirate coalition of nations came very close in their ambitious pursuit of conquering the world with German technology being way ahead of their time. Until their delusional fuhrer, Adolf Hitler, made three greatest military blunders which cemented his political demise. He meddled with his field commander tactical decision in the battlefield. His impetuous behavior caused him to overextended his forces when Russia was invaded, fighting a war in two fronts. And when he adjudicated the Final Solution against the Jews. 

Japan on the other hand committed one serious military blunder when it bombed Pearl Harbor. This cardinal sin forced the United States of America to join and declare war against Japan. This momentous change of event turn the tide in favor of the allied forces who, for the longest have been holding by the thread against German's uncontested air, sea and ground superiority which woke up the United States from its state of utopia and stance of neutrality. The brutality of the Japanese were legendary as in the infamous Bataan Death March. The attack on Pearl Harbor resulted in countless loss of American lives. 

But something paramount came out of such infamy. It awakens an economic and military giant from its pleasurable slumber. This pivotal change of foreign policy brought a decisive blow in the final and ultimate defeat of Germany and for the United States to take an active role and exerts a dominant force of influence in world affairs. The aftermath of war has made the West leery and in constant state of readiness for any future aggression which have kept many brutal regime and oppressive ideology in check, contained Communist expansion and nuclear proliferation during the Cold War. And for the longest, maintained the balance of power in the Indo-Pacific region. 

Today we have a new breed of enemy that's cloaked under the name of peace and lurks under the radar of political correctness which could undermine our freedom. It had committed many atrocities against Christians around the world. But we can't call spade a spade or call it like it is due to religious tolerance. It has already invaded Europe through social assimilation and intercultural marriage making it impossible for deportation despite its radical views. 
At the dawn of the atomic age, it has been, and will always be, a growing threat to the Apple of His eye ...

by neil aranda 12/13/2016


© 2017 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
Added on December 13, 2016
Last Updated on September 29, 2017
Tags: War, History, Perspective

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA