Memories

Memories

A Poem by TheLostMind
"

This is how I felt when I left college after graduation.

"
That empty classroom makes me think..
Four years have passed within a blink...

Only yesterday it seems that we were here...
Laughing around with friends so dear...

Suddenly my life has come to a stall...
And I wonder, is this all? ? 

This feeling of emptiness sinks into my heart..
A large chunk of my life's been ripped apart...

From within this abyss of loneliness, emanates a tear..
Shed for the person, who seemed so near...

How can I believe? , how can I forget? 
All those unsaid things fill me with regret..

Amongst those tears, amidst the pain..
(I wonder) will my life ever be the same? ? ? ..

I wish this was a dream, I wish this wasnt real...
How can I tell you, how I really feel...

Years later, all that will be left behind..
Is a bunch of memories refusing to let go of my mind...

Yet somehow, someday our paths will cross...
And we will wish that moment would never pass...

© 2014 TheLostMind


Author's Note

TheLostMind
This is how I felt when I left college after graduation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

overall this is a really good write.. It is meaningful and something that a lot can relate to.. some of the questions asked are ones that we have all wondered... I will say some of the rhymes felt forced or predictable and flow a little "off" in a few places.. also (wasn't) is missing an apostrophe and "how can I tell you how I really feel?. is missing the question mark...

"This feeling of emptiness sinks into my heart..
A large chunk of my life's been ripped apart..."

"Amongst those tears, amidst the pain..
(I wonder) will my life ever be the same? ? ? .".... those four lines are so powerful and expressive... they reach out and grab the reader and allow us to feel your pain and confusion... the fear... the longing for what once was... nice job:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

April, I truly appreciate your time and effort. Thanks for reviewing the poem. Yes, I agree some of .. read more
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

you're welcome.. it was my pleasure... :)



Reviews

Another really good one! Very well written and with great rhymes. Wonderful work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


TheLostMind

7 Years Ago

Thank You :)
Wow these are the emotions which I feel still but for the school..not for college...you brought back the memories of school from your college days memories...thanks a lott..time never comes...they were the best days of my life...thanks for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


TheLostMind

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing :)
I love this. It reminds me of how I felt graduating middle school considering I am still so young. Great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hmm..Tomorrow is my last day of college. Weird how I came across this at this point of my life. We can never hold on to time. All we can do is to remember our good times well, and forget the bad instances. Memories can be a boon as well as bane. At times I wish I could forget people so that I wouldn't miss them so badly.

Its written beautifully- simple language, touching thoughts.
I hope your path crosses with that person you are yearning for :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

"At times I wish I could forget people so that I wouldn't miss them so badly." - Couldn't agree more.. read more
Isabel25

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome :)
I was entranced the entire time I was reading this. It made me tear up and almost cry. I felt what you felt and can relate to an extent. I love your choice of words, I can create an image in my head of a situation where these thoughts would take place, even though you never describe a specific site. It did throw me off that you didn't use any rhyme at the last couple of lines and I'm sure it was intentional but I didn't like it lol. The flow of the piece was completely torn asunder by the last line and how it didn't rhyme. Overall, it is still a magnificent piece, though! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your review and constructive criticism. Don't cry (this poem was never meant for that .. read more
I liked the piece man, almost got me nostalgic about my grad years. I found great empathy in your words, the sense of leaving all that you've known and cherished all these years is tough
Great write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thank you Roshan, your kidn words are much appreciated :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
How are you feeling now? Did the emptiness, and the left behind feeling dissipate? Or are you sill living in the nostalgia of the years?

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Nobody. Ok. I have precious little time on my hands to write poems or stories. :)
~

9 Years Ago

LOL hahaaha :) okay, I will let you go back to work. we don't want things to get matrix-y on us beca.. read more
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

I just returned from office. :)
Your words are true. Wasn't for Facebook. I would of lost most of my friend.
"Years later, all that will be left behind..
Is a bunch of memories refusing to let go of my mind..."
I told my children. Best days in your life. Is the time of education. We will work for 50 years. Enjoy time with your friends and know laughter and fun. Thank you for sharing your amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks for this insightful review. You are right. The best days in our lives are the ones we spent .. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I learn too late like most people and you are welcome.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
I like what comes across in the poem but tend to agree with April in that the flow is stilted and the rhyming to forced.I'm a rhyming type, and it helps me to read a line and then try to make all others flow with a similar beat.Hope that makes sense.I'm not self promoting but "Put the world on mute and pause" is probably the best example of what I have written that explains what I have, probably,miserably tried to say.

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Yep... It makes sense.. rhymes are my thing too:).. I consider only rhyming set of lines as poems :).. read more
Gee

9 Years Ago

My pleasure
This writing has some pretty good phrasing! Nice work🎆🎆

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks Manal :)
Daydreamer

9 Years Ago

Welcome(your name):D

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

869 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 29, 2014
Tags: memories

Author

TheLostMind
TheLostMind

About
I love reading poems. I will be reviewing your poems / stories as and when I get some time. I like honest reviews, so expect my reviews to be honest. If I have reviewed your poem, I have done it becau.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mirrored Moon Mirrored Moon

A Poem by ANTO