Radio Love

Radio Love

A Poem by Lydia

Your amazing voice fills my ears
Whenever I turn on the stereo
Those sweet lyrics grab my heart
Always painting the perfect scenario

 

I know that your singing to me
Even when you don't use my name
Those other girls say they love you
But my undying love isn't the same

 

They ask for your autograph
I will always ask for your heart
They simply sing along to your songs
I'm the inspiration for the work of art

 

They stand outside your window
Begging for a picture with famous you
They don't know that I'm on the phone
Talking to you all the way through

 

When they say they're your biggest fan
We both know who that really is
Your biggest fan will always be me
I answered the questions right on your quiz

 

 So, now that the whole world knows
That I will always be placed far above
There is only one question left to ask
Would you like to be my Radio Love?

 

 

© 2012 Lydia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice poem!
I bet all the fan girls out there would love to send that poem to their favorite artist xD You should do that, if there is a particular artist on the radio you love!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nicely written, I like this one a lot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Excellent poem :) Reminds me a lot of the song stereo hearts as well! Did you intend on basing this poem on that song? Overall it gave me a lot of emotions and very meaningful as well as creative. Well Done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lydia

11 Years Ago

I actually didn't, but now that people are pointing that out I do see where they're getting that fro.. read more
I'm very impressed that you rhymed "stereo". Wistful and frank, I believe you were successful in what you set out to say. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is cute. :) It kind of remind me of that one song that taylor swift sings. What is is called again???? Oh yeah, it is called "Superstar" and it is pretty much like yours but hers is different. Your refers to hearing someone on the radio and her's is about someone famous and in person. ha But yours is really good. :) Keep Going.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sweet, cute and puts a smile in the heart :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Those sweet lyrics grab my heart
Always painting the perfect scenario


That was my favourite stanza. Not sure why, but it was.

Music can make anyone feel so...amazing! You clearly showed that relationship here, and I must applaud you for your whimsical word choice. It made me feel lighthearted and happy, and the emotional twist on it was just amazing.

I love it. Really I do. Reminds me alot of tha song Stereo Hearts. Awesome!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kes
This is really cool. It really well describes that relationship that I think every passionate music-lover has with their favourite bands/artists. No matter how much you tell yourself the musicians wrote these songs for other people, or about different matters, and you end up feeling them anyway. Really, truly feeling the songs and - on some level - feeling like every song is written just for you; or even, as if it's been written by you. It feels like it comes from someone who completely understands you.
And that's what music's all about. These bands who convince themselves that they have to sing about politics; that it's their responsibility as musicians to address these issues are wrong. If they feel incredibly passionately about a political subject, then - yes - sing about it. But it's the passion that matters. Music is about a communication of emotion. That's what makes music, when it's done right, so powerful.
Great poem. Of course. :) You've got my little brain ticking.
K x

Posted 11 Years Ago


awesome poem - it was really captivating and flowed well. something happier :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


amazing poem, my eyes were glued to the computer monitor throughout. It would do great as a song. I could imagine every single thing you have written. This brought a smile on my face. A cute and sweet little poem. Mood lifting! Thank you for sharing! :D Reminds me of that cute little song..umm.. stereo hearts!

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 26, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2012

Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..