Faces

Faces

A Screenplay by Scott The Mod
"

Having surprisingly little to do with the body part, Faces is about a group of Mod Revivalists in High School who get into trouble with local Emos and go through social life together.

"

RAMADA NEXT TO PARK, EARLY NIGHT.

Two boys are sitting on retro-style motor scooters. Two of their friends sit at a picnic-style table next to them. It's clear that a party ended not too long ago and the four boys, the apparent hosts, occasionally throw rubbish towards the nearby bins. All are dressed well and unusually energetic.
















DAMON

I bet you the Emos couldn't pull a party like that...

ACE

No, I don't think Emos throw parties at all, Damon. Too much happiness for 'em.

ALBAN

Those pricks can't dance anyways.

ACE

We couldn't dance either if that s**t they listen to was on.

OLIVER

Ace has a point. It's all in the music, y'know?

An Emo walks by in the distance and ANDRE throws a piece of rubbish towards him. The Emo turns towards them, shouts 'f**k off!' and walks away more quickly than before. DAMON gives ANDRE a high-five and several boys laugh.












OLIVER

<continuing from last sentence> We listen to Miles Kane or the Who or the Jam. We listen to danceable music. They listen to some s****y singer screaming over a terrible guitarist.

ALBAN

Isn't their s****y music a byproduct of their depression thing that they parade around?

DAMON

<right at the end of Alban's line> <Remain calm and chill> Alban, aren't you and Oliver over-thinking this? Their music is s**t because it is. Move on.

ACE

The point is that we threw a f*****g awesome party. Y'know what? Paul Weller would be proud of us. No, f**k that. Pete Townshend would be proud to call us Mods. We f*****g rocked.

OLIVER

Y'know, I'm feeling better. Thanks guys.

ACE

Don't mention it. That s**t did you in, man.

ALBAN

We better head out though, that Emo might come back with a friend or two and f**k up an otherwise good night.

The two boys sitting at the table hop on the back of the other boys' scooters and they drive off.







SCREEN GOES BLACK, WHITE TYPEWRITER-STYLE FONT APPEARS SAYING 'THREE DAYS PRIOR'

AGAIN AT THE PARK, NOW IN DAY.

The four boys are playing football, still dressed very well and with the scooters off to the side on the concrete. ACE runs (more of a jog to be honest) down field with his hands in his jacket pockets. DAMON passes to ACE from the goalkeeper spot, ACE takes the ball and does a spin around ALBAN, picking up speed as he runs the ball further towards OLIVER, who is tending to the opposing goal.





















THE SHOT IS OF ACE'S FEET WHILE HE TAKES HIS LAST FEW STEPS AND KICKS.

All the boys are in sock, as the shot reveals. ACE kicks and while it goes high, OLIVER leaps upwards and blocks it. ACE takes his hands out of his pockets, slows down quickly, and buries his head in his hands. OLIVER puts his foot on the ball and spreads his arms as a girl comes running up to him. She is well dressed too. They embrace.

















CHELSEA

Oh look at you, keeping the goal safe! <shouting to Ace> I thought you were the best forward around?

ACE

<shouting back> Oh, piss off, will ya?

OLIVER

Oh Chelsea, you beauty!

They embrace tighter.


ALBAN

Oh get off each other! The game isn't f****n' over 'cause you two wanna bang in the field.

OLIVER gives ALBAN the finger and ALBAN shrugs it off. He gets the ball from OLIVER and takes it up field, followed by ACE.








THE CAMERA STOPS WATCHING THE WHOLE FIELD AND INSTEAD FOCUSES ON OLIVER AND CHELSEA.

They come out of the embrace.



OLIVER

Hey, we're having a party tomorrow over by the wash, you gonna be there?

CHELSEA

<flirty> Oh, a party? Will they let me in?

She puts her forehead on his.



OLIVER

Course they will, love. Your boyfriend is one of the faces.

They have drifted so that there is a bit of space between them. CHELSEA begins to say 'I' but is cut off when ALBAN runs and slide tackles OLIVER. CHELSEA gasps. ALBAN pops up quickly and kneels over OLIVER.












ALBAN

Some goalkeeper you are! Ace walked the ball in you prick!

They wrestle like only friends can. CHELSEA sighs and rolls her eyes playfully.





CHELSEA

I'll let you two play then.

She smiles and leaves while ACE and DAMON rush into the 'fight'

© 2013 Scott The Mod


Author's Note

Scott The Mod
This is an unfinished version, but I'd love review while I go along with updates

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013
Tags: Mod, high school, film, music, dancing, parties

Author