A letter to my daughter

A letter to my daughter

A Poem by m.s.early

If anything
remember the trip;
the flamingos
chasing me away,
the Himalayan camels
eating everything,
the lazy kangaroos.
And that I made you laugh.

Remember my pauses
and you between them.
You and your sister have been the only ones
to stop me
still
in my tracks.

You can always make me forget
my own moment
and live in yours.

When there are your own,
remember me speaking calmly,
meeting your eyes on your level,
and live in their moment
so they understand.

Take them to see kangaroos
lounging in the sun
and memorize your emotions
every time they smile.

© 2021 m.s.early


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is truly lovely, and loving. Makes me wish my Dad had been a poet...

Posted 3 Years Ago


Beautiful. Memories made with the ones we love are better than all the gold in Dublin.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I want to go too my friend.
"Take them to see kangaroos
lounging in the sun
and memorize your emotions
every time they smile."
I liked the above lines. The simple days. The best days. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


You must have lovely memories , i have seen camels and live in the land of the flamingos so they inspire me lots. Yet your poem of memories recounting to your daughter in poetic letter is superbly done! Kudos!

Plz do read and comment my newest poem too .

Posted 3 Years Ago




... there aint a single thing I can criticise .. everything about this post is perfect .. well at least my kinda perfect, anyways .......... wot a luverly tune this makes in my head ... bravo my friend :)


Posted 3 Years Ago


' Remember my pauses ~ and you between them. ~ You and your sister have been the only ones ~ to stop me ~ still ~in my tracks. '

Surely that's what love truly means. Such beautiful words, such beautiful and forever love.

Posted 3 Years Ago


What better legacy than leaving wonderful moments shared with your children. I love this endearing letter from father to daughter. A loving father on a fun filled expedition, living in the moment laughing and enjoying a day out. That my friend is priceless. These moments are the treasure of life.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


A moving work, and very good advice, especially the part about living in their moment. Too often the world is too much with us, and we don't take note of the things that matter.

Posted 3 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Parents can live through their offspring, and the memories cherished can be shared later on when distance set them apart. A heavenly bonding it is, and that lingers on both hearts.

And this bonding and relation of eternity goes generation after generation. .. A very soothing write

Posted 3 Years Ago


This is sweet, gentle, and full of heart-warming nostalgia. Reminds me of myself and my son, my own parents and the few moments we get to remind. "If but one thing you might take with you, one thing you might remember that I tell you..." That is what it reminds me of.

Pieces that stir that emotion get me. This piece did just that. A Father's selfless love. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful piece.

Posted 3 Years Ago


m.s.early

3 Years Ago

So gentle and kind.
Thank you so much. I'm glad I could remind you of that fondness.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 3, 2021
Last Updated on March 3, 2021

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing
easy jesus easy jesus

A Poem by m.s.early



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..