Pink: A One Act Play

Pink: A One Act Play

A Stage Play by Josh
"

The small tale of a rock star's insanity

"

SCENE I

Takes place in a lavish hotel room. Features of interest include an expensive looking television in front of a large bed. There is a guitar case next to a comfy looking chair. There are large windows, they go from the floor to the ceiling, outside of them is the cityscape. Floyd is sitting on the chair, using the phone.


FLOYD
            Come on, pick up already.... Hello? Sara? Hello? Damn...


Floyd puts down the phone and picks it up again.


FLOYD
            (mumbling) Don't do this to me. Babe! What's been go-... Who's that? Babe... say something... please... babe...Sara...?


Floyd slowly hangs up


SCENE II

Same room, although there is no one inside


Floyd and Jennifer enter the room.


JENNIFER
            WOW, this place looks so nice.


Jennifer falls onto the bed while Floyd slowly walks towards her.


JENNIFER
            I can't believe anyone can afford this.


Floyd sits at the end of the bed.


JENNIFER
            (Wrapping her arms around Floyd.) You did great tonight. (Kisses Floyd.) What's wrong,             babe? Are you okay?


SCENE III

Takes place inside of Floyd's old home. It is 1965, the house is quite dated. On the floor is a shattered vase. Floyd is standing in front of his father.


FATHER
            WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU STUPID CHILD?


FLOYD
            I-I don't know sir, I'm sorry, sir.


FATHER
            YOU'RE ALWAYS SORRY, BUT WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PAY LEARN?       WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP BEING SUCH A MORON?


Father takes a drink from his bottle of whiskey.


FATHER
            You're a no good little punk, who screws up at every turn!


Floyd begins to cry.


FATHER
            NOW YOU'RE GONNA CRY? I forgot that you were such a coward. WELL IF YOU   WANNA CRY, I MIGHT AS WELL GIVE YOU REASON TO.


Father grabs Floyd by the shirt, raises his hand and places a blow upon the side of Floyd's head. Father then leaves the room.


FLOYD
            (Silently) He should have just abandoned me if I was that awful...


FIVE YEARS LATER


The house is still about the same as it was, empty bottles and other trash now litter the floor. Floyd's mother is lying on the couch, Floyd is entering the room.


FLOYD
            Mother, could we go to the store?


MOTHER
            I don't want to go anywhere Floyd, ask your brother.


FLOYD
            I don't know where he is!


MOTHER
            That's not my problem. Go out and search for him if you really need him! Now go away,   I don't have time for you.


Floyd walks out of the room, his mother takes a drink of beer.


SCENE IV

The hotel scene continues from where it left, Jennifer still has her arms wrapped around Floyd.


JENNIFER
            What's wrong, Floyd?


Floyd is silent


JENNIFER
            Please say something.


FLOYD
            (mumbling) I dunno.


JENNIFER
            Should I go?


FLOYD
            (silent for a second) no... wait here.


Floyd stands up and walks into the bathroom


The bathroom is filled with granite tiles and gold painted fixtures. There is a large tub, a shower and a mirror. Floyd is washing his face.


FLOYD
            Why must this be happening now? Why? All my life and it just has to catch up with me.


UNKNOWN VOICE
            Because you are a screw up.


Floyd looks up to where the voice came from, father appears.


FATHER
            You are good for nothing, you were back then and you are now.


Floyd looks in shock.


FLOYD
            WHAT? Y-YOU'RE DEAD!


FATHER
            Maybe physically, but mentally I am always alive. Alive enough to keep you locked          away in a mental prison, to forever remind you how pathetic you are.


FLOYD
            Why didn't you just abandon me?


FATHER
            I wanted to raise a good family, of course. But after it became apparent that both of my    children were completely useless, I wanted to make sure they understood that.


FLOYD
            You're disgusting!


FATHER
            And you're my useless spawn. Your wife left you because she knows that I am right, your            entire life has been worthless. I should have killed you, but I believe it's better for            cowards to suffer.


Floyd throws a bar of soap, shattering the shower door's glass.


JENNIFER
            (muffled) FLOYD?


FLOYD
            (filled with rage) YOU WERE NOTHING BUT A WORTHLESS DRUNK YOU WERE             NEVER THERE FOR ANY OF US AND YOU SURE AS HELL NEVER TRIED TO MAKE US YOUR VISION OF WHAT PERFECT IS I'M GLAD YOU'RE DEAD I WISH I WAS THE ONE WHO PULLED THAT TRIGGER!


Floyd throws his fist into the mirror, breaking it. Floyd then jumps into the bathroom door, breaking it.


JENNIFER
            (Panicking) WHAT’S WRONG FLOYD?


FLOYD
            THERE’S NOTHING WRONG! ALL IS FINE! SIT DOWN AND HAVE YOURSELF           A DRINK!


JENNIFER
            I think maybe I should just leave...


Floyd picks up a guitar and throws it across the room.


FLOYD
            NO DON'T GO! THINGS WERE JUST ABOUT TO GET FUN! ALL OF THIS WILL SURELY PASS, PLEASE DON'T RUN!


Floyd runs frantically around the room while Jennifer cowers in the corner.


FLOYD
            WOULD YOU GET UNDRESSED MAYBE LIE DOWN FOR AWHILE AND GET A             LITTLE REST? WHATEVER YOU THINKS BEST!


Floyd tosses the television out the window. Floyd takes a knife from the kitchen, Jennifer screams in terror.


FLOYD
            COME HERE BABE, LET ME SHOW YOU A TRICK, ALL IT TAKES IS ONE         QUICK FLICK!


JENNIFER
            (Screaming) NO! FLOYD, PLEASE STOP!


Floyd cuts the fingers on his left hand off. Jennifer runs out of the room.


FLOYD
            WHERE ARE YOU GOING? MY BLOOD HAS JUST STARTED FLOWING!            PLEASE DON'T RUN! (runs towards broken window) PLEASE BABE!      BAAAAABEEE!


Floyd falls to the floor, crying.


FLOYD
            No... no... no... please no... it all happened so quickly.

Floyd crawls around on the floor, opens a guitar case and pulls out a syringe. Floyd climbs onto a chair, stabs the needle into his arm and pushes the plunger down.

SCENE V

The room is blank, nothing but a white wall. There are no doors, no windows, nothing but milk white walls. Floyd sits in a corner of the room.


FLOYD
            I've lost it... everything had disappeared... this room is all that I have left. There isn't a       need for me anymore.


A thick fog appears and the judge walks steps out. The fog dissipates.


JUDGE
            ENOUGH, ENOUGH! I can't take much more, hearing you moan is more than a bore.      Now listen up you little s**t! You have truly done it now and I have been assigned to look      over this hearing today! BRING OUT THE FIRST WITNESS!


The fog appears again, and father steps out. The fog dissipates.


FATHER
            Son, my son, my good for nothing son. Just as bad as your mother, but not as bad as your             brother. Drugs and fame have thrown your life down the drain. You never were fit for      anything really. Your band already replaced you, your wife replaced you, you have nothing. I tried to help, but you decided to be a coward. You deserved your beatings, I        just wish I could have lived much longer to deliver more.


The fog appears again, father vanishes within the fog and Sara steps out. The fog dissipates.


SARA
            I don't need you, Floyd. It was obvious that you lived in your own personal hell, and        instead of helping yourself you allowed us to suffer. Did you even consider me? Did you      ever put anything into consideration? You could have talked to me more often than you    did. But you didn't. Please your honor, let this man hang.


The fog appears again, taking Sara away. The fog remains.


JUDGE
            I have never in my YEARS of service heard of such a man whose sentence is oh so clear! The way you live your life and ignore your beautiful wife... it fills me with an incomprehensible rage! YOU! YES, YOU! YOUR SENTENCE IS NOT OF DEATH, no that is TOO OBVIOUS! NO, you shall live your life! You shall suffer just as you have let   everyone around you suffer! There's no hiding! There is only your new found suffering!


            Laughter from unseeable figures begins as Floyd panics


SCENE VI

The same hotel room as before. Floyd is in his chair.


Floyd bolts up from the chair running around the room.


FLOYD
            (Screaming) MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT ALL STOP, PLEEAASEE, MAKE! IT!             STOOOOOP!


Floyd panics around the room, and finally jumps out the broken window.


END

 

© 2013 Josh


Author's Note

Josh
I apologize for any wonky formatting, I tried to fix it up as nicely as possible but I don't really know how to do some of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on September 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 15, 2013
Tags: Pink, Floyd, insanity, child abuse

Author

Josh
Josh

United Kingdom



Writing
The Road The Road

A Poem by Josh


The End The End

A Poem by Josh