Exposition

Exposition

A Chapter by Daniel Hebert
"

The exposition of my new book, ashes to ashes.

"

Book 1: Descent

September 17, 2012: It is crucial for my emotional and mental health that I maintain this journal, to relive my stress through the therapy of words. However, it is not by my own will that I complete this arduous endeavor, in fact, it is against it. Allow me to introduce myself, so that I may be able to forego this formality in the future. My name is John Tyler. I am a psychiatric profiling agent for the FBI. I work on… bizarre cases of psychopaths and serial killers. My job, no, my life, focuses on interviewing and profiling demented individuals, determining if they are sane or insane, and determining their motive, if sane. It is a fairly strenuous profession, and therefore it has been recommended by my superiors that I myself undergo psychiatric treatment, this journal included. I am to record the treatments of my patients, in abridged or summarized form, as well as emotions that may be the result of these conversations.

            My career is the result of a certain gift, if you could call it that. I can empathize with killers. Sadistic psychopaths, narcissistic sociopaths, murderers. I can… wear their skin, put myself inside their minds, and decipher their motivations.  However, this can result in stress and fear. This fear is the reason behind the intense pressure and emotional stress that I undergo, and is therefore the indirect reason for this book. I rest assured that the recordings and conversations recorded will soon be becoming less satirical and light, if possible, and more serious and morose, such is the nature of my work. I hope that whoever is reading this, by my writings, deems me just, and not too close to the demented and twisted minds of the individuals who I choose to work with.



© 2013 Daniel Hebert


Author's Note

Daniel Hebert
Reader discresion is advised
Please tell me how you think I could improve the book for the next chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is definitely an intriguing start! I am anxious to read more of this story and see where you take it.

Your style of writing is refreshing and easy to get hooked onto. There was nothing in this section of your story that I thought needed fixed. Your word usage is perfect in my opinion and you provide just the right amount of detail to give your reader what they need.

~Raven

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awesome topic! Can't wait for more. I like the angalogy of "wear their skin." It keeps the creept vibe but show's that your character has serious analytica and profiling skills.

My only suggestion at this point would be to be mindful of word redundancy. Ex// you used determining twice in the sentence. Otherwise you have great command of of large words and your plot sounds awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Daniel Hebert

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I will make sure to correct and atler that word redundancy. I am very glad you en.. read more
i like it! a lot! very dark, can't wait for more!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 16, 2013
Tags: killer, psyco, murderer, insane, burning


Author

Daniel Hebert
Daniel Hebert

Akron, OH



About
I enjoy dipping into the minds of the sick and demented, living in their worlds and visions. As H.P. Lovecraft said, "Fear is humanity's most ancient and powerful emotion". more..

Writing
Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Daniel Hebert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wet Wet

A Poem by Vannessa Monroe