Chapter one, beginnings and rain

Chapter one, beginnings and rain

A Story by RED
"

well here it is please give me some sort of plotline maybe if you feel like giving one up but enjoy and tell me if you want more

"

Chapter one, Rain and new beginnings



The silver mist wove its way through the achingly wide expanses of dead forest. As if encased in a snowless winter for the eternity of time, it overlooked the scarred valley nestling the town of Gandalf. Long had a beautiful fearsome vampire terrorized the little village. It's mighty stone keep had failed to keep the monster from it's people.


                          ***

An insatiable hunger tore at Mia's stomach like a rabid beast. Deep blankets of darkness enveloped all she surveyed with an unnerving wave of fear. Not only did she feed on blood and the gore of lively humans, but also the fear, the most powerful tool in the universe and beyond. Oh... the blood though, the thought of it sent shivers down Mia's spine. Warm and sweet like a forbidden nectar of some long dead god of old. Fresh and crimson like spilled wine upon a piece of beautiful white lace. It sent her heart rushing into a frenzy as she thought about her upcoming meal. Her slippery white incisors flashed their ivory brilliance in the fading dusk light. Raven hair framed a beautiful noble face, emerald eyes, and skin like polished china, or Peruvian marching powder if that is your thing. As the moon peaked, a pang of sorrow stabbed into her long dead black heart. The bluish light cast upon the deadwood and the thick stone bell tower, reminded her of a long lost lover taken from her by the b******s below the earth. One pearlescent tear rolled down her sculpted face and onto her dress. The smooth black silk accented by black lace and red silk between the black darkened as the tears began to steadily dribble down her cheeks as she clamped her eyes shut. Thin eyelashes met thin eyelashes forming a lacey prison which the tears escaped longingly from. The moaning wind interrupted her mourning and made the cracked and degonged bell creak dangerously on it's rotten old supports. Oaken and sturdy once upon a time now they were rotten and covered in a lush moss and symbiotic ivy.


Mia clenched her hands until her black nails dug into the palms of her hands, once upon a time she would have drawn blood but they only healed up nearly immediately and put her in an even fouler mood. She cursed herself choking on tears and insisting she was being weak over and over in her head. The minutes and seconds dragged on for nearly four hours until finally she broke. The hunger was too much and she didn't want to think about her. Abbey was long gone just like the red roses that once climbed their beautiful tower.


Huge stormclouds permanently whirled above this land making it a near permanent night rising into a terrible high cathedral of cacaphonic thunder and wind. The valley had formed when years ago Mount Shire had exploded in a cloud of fiery ash and debris. It killed the trees and preserved them in a black sooty coat unbreakable to all but a very persistent man with a large ax . The town of Gandalf had become grey but rebuilt itself. The mines in the mountain were too precious to give up and they continued to mine and build themselves up. The blackened trees stretched their skeletal hands to the sky like the souls of sinners reaching for salvation itself .There were only four routes out of the valley. The one running north to south was also the only safe way through the bolshevik mountain range. Samwise and Baggins pass connected the highway to either side of the mountain and decidedly skirted as much of the cursed forest as possible. East and west lay deserted and ghostly lands that none dared venture into except to avoid the wood. Grey sands and large whistling stone towers scared the inhabitants of this land and made their skin crawl. At the mouth of the valley to the west there were lush woods and springs leaving behind the darkness of before. Legends had it that the vampiress, Mia, was a woman called the queen of ice. This story was spread by mothers far and wide, if you didn't obey or mind your mother the queen of ice would come and turn you into one of her minions. When Mia left bodies they were so cold they would have no liquids in their system only ice.



Mia had long lived here and had enjoyed it, three hundred acres of blackened dead playground and all the miners she could catch and drain. She preferred the young women of the town, the more pampered and soft the better. One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three years she had stayed here since before the explosion of the volcano. She had made friends with only one creature in that time. She thought about this as she walked the little trails cut through the woods that she had created. A shudder ran down her spine and made her hair stand on end as she heard the voices of three men who she could tell were not here to be her meal. The three voices she heard were of the same accent that all of them were from. Monster hunters... Mia stood her ground despite her fears and stared at them through cold emerald eyes. Suddenly as if from nowhere a hurl of silver needles ripped through the canopy accompanied by a blast like a cannon. Most of them didn't touch her but seven ripped into her dress and anchored her into the wood of a blackened tree. She cried out in a mixture of pain and fear as the needles touched her skin. Silver burnt like a hot iron and did not heal as quickly. The best way to kill a vampire ,or their b*****d offspring the werewolf, is with silver. Laughter, cold and heartless drifted from a definite ambush spot not twenty feet from her, “Well, well well what have we managed to bag ourselves this night lads,” The voice belonged to a bulldog of a man, he had a pinched ratlike face that seemed crafty and cruel when his eyes were considered. It oozed into her mouth like swamp mud and permeated the air enough to make her want to cringe and throw up. He held a silver knife so close to her throat she could barely breath for fear of cutting herself. As all seemed hopeless she heard a sound she never thought she wanted to hear though now in her hour of need it was more welcome than anyone could imagine. A deep low growl emanated from a silver backed werewolf hiding in the shadows of the lush garden underneath the overhangs and natural gazebos of trees. Blackened trees splashed the sky and cut the light from the world that then had barely any, The snarling wolf was her own daughter and familiar, they did have a few altercations in the past but it was all behind them now. A thick mist had rolled in around their feet blanketing them like a soft wool or cotton and obscuring some view.

The man turned towards her daughter and taking his eyes off Mia. This might just be the largest mistake ever in the history of life threatening mistakes. Mia's fangs flashed ivory in whatever light was left and suddenly the man was missing a patch the size of a large apple in his neck. The soft flesh had been viciously torn between Mia's fangs and she snarled as he dropped. She shoved away from the tree, shredding her favorite dress in the process. The second man screamed hoarsely as he was knocked to the ground in a hail of silver fur and wolven fangs. The grove rang with a resounding and sickening thud as the third body hit the thick mud, a chunk of oak embedded in his brain. Mia had grabbed the wood and smashed it through his skull with force and will unmatched by her daughter. The splintery chunk of old oak was spattered in bits of skull and soaked halfway in dripping crimson gore, blue eyes stared blankly up at the sky in a mix of shock, terror, and perhaps even revulsion. The wolf shimmered in the air like a mirage and it's place was taken by a beautiful young girl. She possessed her mothers black hair and green eyes, as well as her beauty and figure. Soft white skin seemingly warm and infinitely moreso than her mother's chilling touch. The werewolf was dressed more like a hunter than a countess or an heir. She wore tight leather leggings wrapping around her sculpted thighs and legs around her hips and finishing where a leather vest met it. The black longsleeved tunic like shirt hugged her a little uncomfortably but it was better than nothing she supposed. Alexandria held her head high for the b*****d spawn of a vampire but it was probably something in her breeding. The girl turned with a deep snarl toward her mother and shook her head. “We are even...” Mia, too shocked to even bother with motherly words simply nodded in response. The clouds closed in as the two parted and our theatre of drama concluded for now.



                   ***


© 2012 RED


Author's Note

RED
do whatever you please just no stealing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on October 5, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2012

Author

RED
RED

Noble , OK



About
I am a highschool student who has never had much of a chance to express his stories because of a lack of proper storyline I hope to find someone to help me with this more..

Writing
tears in the rain tears in the rain

A Story by RED