tears in the rain

tears in the rain

A Story by RED
"

books stuffs

"





Chapter 1

Tears in the rain.



The relentless rain drummed upon the dingy little apartment Mia lived in. She sniffled a little in the wet and cold as she unlocked the door and shoved her way through it's warped and splintery frame. The inside of the apartment was nearly unlit and scattered with clothing and furniture, much resembling the nest of a packrat. A case of instant ramen sat on the table and beckoned her with longing and hunger clawed at her stomach. The rain had soaked her to the skin and she felt depressed and saddened and put-out. Finally Mia caved and stuck the tightly packed brick of noodles into the waiting bowl and poured water on top. The microwave beeped softly as she set it to cook her food. With a tired sigh she sat back into the mutilated armchair and curled up, not bothering to take off her wet clothes. The walls were once upon a time white but now they were yellowed and in some places blackened by mold, mainly along the baseboard, with little pockmarks and holes in them. Nervously she picked at the mail hoping not to find any bills or thing she couldn't pay right now. Mia was only 17, having been thrown out of her parents house for what she did and then having her love leave her had made her seem older. Her body still preserved perfectly was something she hated. A beautiful body but a torn and tortured soul made her angry and sad and generally feeling useless. Her hair was a bright red, dyed with cheap dye which didn't ever come out as far as she knew. She shivered in the cold and shut her eyes, concealing the hazel orbs within, heavy with tears and sorrow she quivered like a wet dog in her armchair. The microwave beeped at her that her food was done and she got up slowly. Tripping her way across the messy floor she recovered the bowl from the microwave and began to eat.. She coughed and clutched at her mouth, the food was not expected by her body and it rejected it, she ran to the bathroom and threw up in the sink. Brownish slimy bile splattered on the cracked porcelain with a wet splash. She coughed and spit up more, finally washing out her mouth with the tapwater and washing it all down the drain. She looked in the mirror at herself and whimpered. It was a pitiful figure that stared back at her from the cracked and dirty glass. She splashed water on it and looked away hoping to wash it's image from her head. The night closed in as she curled up in the little apartment on her bed and slept.


***

The next day followed suit with the first and she muttered under her breath sorrowful poems and songs intending that this would be her very last day on the earth. The little cafe closed up for the evening and as she opened her locker to put up her uniform a little card fell out. It had been distributed to her by the government action group in her community. It was the card to a suicide hotline. She tucked it into her pocket and pulled on her coat, walking out into the rain and drudging through the puddles home.




























Chapter Two.

Legal Rulings and Community service




Damien, was a shark, a monster among men, a lawyer. He used this to his every advantage and was a very smooth artist of the trade. He had won hundreds of legal cases and he was also an accomplished criminal. He drove a high end luxury car and could care less about the masses that stood beneath his feet. He was cynical with piercing dark green eyes, an unruly spike of shock white hair and a pair of aviator sunglasses generally on his face obscuring any emotion he might feel. Their mirrored lenses were shields against the tears of those who he condemned and the praise of those he sprung from the horrors of prison. But this time... he had slipped up, while arguing a case he was served his own summons. For knowingly obstructing justice, for contempting the court, and for generally breaking a number of practices and laws held by lawyers he had his own trial to attend. This trial was scheduled for next week and until then all practice was suspended. He got into his BMW that day and shook his head in disgust. Man was evil and it was his job to help them get away with that. Damien peeled out and drove back to his home to await his trial, there was no way he could lose against some court appointed lawyer in this trial. When the day of the trial came he the self centered petty b*****d he was did not get a trial. Instead it was a sentencing round. Then court knew he was guilty and as such they simply sentenced him to 4 months of community service and he would get his license back. His community service was to be serving six hours a night at a suicide hotline manned by sensitive criminals and upstanding mothers of society. He sighed softly pushing his aviators up and walked back out of the courthouse, down the steps, and getting into his sedan without so much as a look back. The night closed on him as well as he drove to a little concrete building ten miles from his house and sat down in a plexiglass booth with a headset and a book to read. The first call came five minutes after he came in it was a young girl. “Hello..” She said in a little scared wavering voice.

He answered reassuringly and tried to console his first caller. “Yes I am here” I'm so alone came a little voice from his headset and he sighed inaudibly. “My name is Damien and I am here to help for as long as you need me.” She sniffled over the line and replied. “My name is Mia I really need someone to talk to.” Now for the purpose of clarity the conversation between the two shall be recorded as if taken like a court register and displayed Damien: and Mia:, Thank you.


Damien: Well Why don't you tell me about your life right now, why do you feel lonely and depressed.

Mia: Well there is nobody here and I am all alone and I am soaked and everyone I ever loved left me.

Damien: I see.

Mia: Why are you doing this?

Damien: Do you want the truth?

Mia: Yes...

Damien: Because I used to be a lawyer and now I am doing community service until I become a lawyer again.

Mia: So why talk to me at all?

Damien: Because I have to and because you sound like you need someone

Mia: oh...

Damien: So tell me how old are you Mia?

Mia: I am 17....

Damien: ...

Mia: My parents threw me out a few months ago and my boyfriend left me, we were engaged to be married but something happened.

Damien: What was it?

He had to admit this girl intrigued him, if only just a little.


Mia: I got pregnant... but there was a miscarriage and the baby died.

Damien: ...

Mia: He said that it was too risky and he didn't want to do this anymore.

She cried softly into the phone and looked down

© 2012 RED


Author's Note

RED
stuff and such

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on October 15, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012

Author

RED
RED

Noble , OK



About
I am a highschool student who has never had much of a chance to express his stories because of a lack of proper storyline I hope to find someone to help me with this more..

Writing