Surprise Christmas Gifts

Surprise Christmas Gifts

A Chapter by Seamstress

The household lights were out as the hours of night were quickly passing by; I snuggled beneath my childhood afghan with a soft warm bundle against my chest, watching the soft twinkle of the Christmas tree lights. Soft melodies of the holiday season whispered through the rooms calming all those that hear. My mind blank of the struggles outside my door leave only room for me to hear the rumble of the motorcycle coming down the road.
Its Christmas Eve and I know exactly who holds tight to the hard leather seat with his muscled thighs covered in his favorite rugged jeans. The engine gets closer and turns into the short drive and I watch through the sheers of the window beside me. Straddling the bike is Adonis himself; tall, muscular within his form fitting denim and leather. What most don’t see at first glance is the heart of gold he hides so well.
I tear my eyes from watching him and notice two boxes strapped to the back of the bike, where I ride, and my mind wanders. Silently I observe him remove the boxes carefully, holding each as though they were filled with the rarest of porcelain he walks towards the door. Sounds of the crunches his boots make within the fresh snow interrupt the Christmas melodies and the clunk of the two boxes in his arms as he jingles his keys to find the right one.
He steps through the door and lifting the visor of his helmet smiles, I can tell he thinks he is alone so I say nothing and sit in silence hidden by the tree from his eyes. Gently he places the two boxes on the ground in front of the tree. One sits short and long in bright red paper with a huge gold bow on top and the other is tall and square with icy blue paper covered in happy snow men hosting a beautiful red bow. Each box top was crooked and I knew as soon as I could I would straighten them, I thought it was just a simple mistake done by quick unsure wrapping.
Kneeling by the boxes helmet still covering his head and leather still hugging his broad back he reaches into an inner jacket pocket and pulls out two small tags placing one on each box. Just surveying the tree his shoulders appear to relax and a soft contented sigh escapes his lips. A noise of a little yip disrupts the happy silence we feel and I look towards the window thinking it is coming from outside, he however makes no move except to slowly untie the box top of the red covered box and reaches in.
I’m amazed by what I see when I look back at him, in his arms is the wiggly form of a husky pup. Gasping softly I look down at the bundle in my arms to make sure nothing has disturbed her sleep. Looking up I see his beautiful tender eyes watching me now.
“Amanda…” he starts with a whisper. Placing the puppy back in the box and recovering it Terry removes his helmet and jacket. Stepping up to me he realizes who sleeps in my arms and smiles leaning forward to pick up sweet Aleanda.
Smiling back I stand as he steps back kissing her dark curls and together we walk to her bedroom. I stand at the doorway watching him lay her down in her little Santa sleeper; Terry covers her with the bright quilt her Mawmaw made by hand. His hand lingers softly on her cheek as we together hear the sweet coos of a resting happy dream and he smiles.
Turning to me he places a finger to his lips as I open my mouth. Taking my hand we leave Aleanda’s room and step across the hall he drops my hand as he slips in to Cairine’s room, leaning over her bed he kisses her on the forehead and removes the book from her resting hand laying it softly on the nightstand beside and flipping the lamp off. I watch in silence loving to see the sweet papa bear coming out for our sweet angels. Lightly his fingers brush her cheek just before he turns to walk to me and she snuggles tight to her fuzzy snake.
Taking my hand again Terry leads me back into the living room and we stand in silence looking at the tree. Hand in hand we watch the twinkling lights and I am compelled to turn his way. Lifting up on my toes I lean in to kiss his cheek when I hear the ‘yip’ of a puppy followed by the rattling of a box.
Giggling I can’t help but leave his side to check out his additions to our loving pile of gifts, homemade and purchased. As I kneel down to open the red box which continues to yip and shake I see a heart shaped dog tag on top. Picking up the tag I see the engraving, “Lorcan protector of Aleanda”. Laying this tag back in its spot I reach for the other one. “Faolan defender of Cairine” it reads and I can’t help but laugh.
“Love, these don’t sound like they shall be much of protectors for our angels,” I giggle.
“Not yet they won’t darling but we shall train them well,” he whispered as he knelt beside me. Lifting the lid on the snowman covered box he picks up a soft slate colored husky with bright sky blue eyes surrounded with a white mask. “Faolan, meet the Queen of our home.” Holding out the sweet pup I lift my hand to pet him and lean in to snuggle him and am greeted with a wet tongue across my cheek.
Laughing softly for fear of waking the girls I answer, “Welcome to our home Faolan. I do expect you to take your knightly duties seriously.” Of course this was greeted with the wiggling of the pup wanting to get loose and run about.
Softly Terry sets Faolan back into his box, replaces the lid and reties the bow. Turning to the red box now he does the same, whispering he brings out a charcoal colored husky with the eyes of the darkest blue, “Amanda, this tis Lorcan.”
Reaching out I take Lorcan into my arms and whisper, “Welcome Lorcan, as your brother is you are too, take the knightly duties seriously that we bestow upon you.” Leaning over I place Lorcan back in the box as he struggles to stay snuggled in my arms I smile. Replacing the lid, I retie the bow and turn to him.
“They are beautiful Terry. You didn’t tell me you had planned this.”
“I had wanted them to be a surprise for you as well, Amanda, but you weren’t a good girl sound asleep in bed tonight when I got home.”
Smiles softly and whispers flirtily, “shall I be punished for my naughtiness, Daddy?”
Beaming at my answer Terry whispers softly as he reaches for my hand, “Not tonight my beautiful princess. Tonight let’s be as wee ones and sleep here in the light of the twinkling lights.”
Nodding, I stand and slip off to our bedroom to grab a quilt and our pillow. Walking back into the living room I stop as I see Terry slipping his crimson sweater over his head and standing there only in his rugged hip hugging jeans. Gasping at his pure beauty I bite my lip.
Slowly he turns and holds his hand out to me.
Walking over he takes the pillows and lays them on the floor against the sofa and turning to me he takes my hand. Guiding me down onto the floor he slips behind me, pulling me close. Together we lay there wrapped together beneath a quilt I made for our wedding and watch the twinkling lights of our family Christmas tree.
My heart beats in the rhythm of a beautiful love song and I can’t help but whisper, “Terry, I love You.” Closing my eyes in complete and utter bliss and peace I hear the sweetest words whispered, “Ta gra agam ort Mo anam cara.”



© 2012 Seamstress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 29, 2012
Last Updated on November 29, 2012