History of Azerus

History of Azerus

A Chapter by The Silent Deviant
"

Curious about Azerus? Do you wonder why the world is as it is, and follows the laws it does? Look no further.

"
Azerus, a world of magic. A world I have had as my own take and interpretation of a fantasy world that many people share with me. Some call it paradise, others call it... well, a fantasy. But me? No, it's more than that. To me, this world is home. Far more of a home to me than anywhere else has felt. My mind belongs to fantasy, and is a slave to it's magnificent wonders.

In the beginning, there was chaos. Absolute chaos. This world is influenced by all things elemental, in a way you may find rather... abstract. Deserts in Azerus are biomes that exist through a high concentration of fire and earth elemental magics. Tundra? Ice and light. Plains are inhabited by wind magic primarily. Forests, earth and water. All variables in Azerus are affected by the elemental forces that exist. Before all this however, it was far less inhabitable. Torrents of water, magma, ice, rocks, electricity, winds, light and darkness covered all reaches of the world. This is how all worlds are formed however, in this universe anyway. You see, in this universe (simply known as "Aeon") there are planes of existence for each elemental force.

The planes each have a form of god in it, a Scion. The scions are pure manifestations of their elemental realm. I will write a whole lore page dedicated to the scions, however for now, let's focus on the world, which has yet to be created. Odin, Scion of the darkness element, gathered all of the other Scions together to create a new realm from the chaos, which could sustain life. This world would be known as the 3rd of its kind, as the first 2 worlds the Scions made had fallen back into chaos before. This process is how Azerus was born.

Azerus is a relatively young world, and has only existed roughly a thousand years prior to where the story begins. And it's believed that humans and human subraces had existed since the beginning. This realm stretches indefinitely. Hard to process in your head really, but it's how it is. There is no such thing as a planet, necessarily so the world is flat and stretches on forever. As it is impossible to come up with a world without the laws of gravity, this is still a law of how this world works. What goes up, must come down.

At the point of this realm's creation, there was also a creation of a terrain located at what is looked at as the center of Azerus. It is an elemental wasteland, magma and glaciers coat the land besides oceans and whirlwinds. The sky overcast with storms which rain lightning upon the barren landscape. Beautiful auroras coat the sky, where you can find floating islands of rock. This is only a few of the things possible in this beautiful, yet hostile environment. It is as the world was before stabilization. Things are on a smaller scale than those times, however there bears similarity. It came to be known as the "Heart" of Azerus, and it is believed to be where it all started.

This concludes my brief history of Azerus, and should touch base with about every main piece of the universe of Aeon and the origin of Azerus. There will be many more pieces added to this book about individual things like the next chapter which focuses on Scions.


© 2015 The Silent Deviant


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on December 9, 2015
Last Updated on December 10, 2015
Tags: Azerus, Tempest, lore, history, magic, adventure, fantasy, world, knowledge


Author

The Silent Deviant
The Silent Deviant

About
Not much to say right here, I could spend hours talking about a simple topic. To keep it brief I'm a laid back guy that is generally really hard to upset. more..

Writing