Split in half

Split in half

A Story by WhiteCanarie

“The mind must always overrule the heart.”

But in actuality emotions don’t reside in the heart, they reside in the mind. So how can the mind overrule itself?

Through hours of contemplation. It could take days even. Warring emotions will clash against one another in conflicted turbulence, with thoughts being a third party in the war. But isn’t it the thoughts that fuel the emotions? Or is it the emotions that fuel the thoughts? Perhaps the two go hand in hand, with thoughts taking sides. So that would mean not just emotions are warring, but thoughts are as well. That turns the heat up within the mind, tenfold.

The heart doesn't feel any pain, but a headache might begin to form. It’ll feel as if the “heart” is being torn and shredded, but it’s completely intact. It’s the mind that’s being slaughtered. Its murderer? Itself. So in reality it’s committing suicide in the form of a war. 

The problem? One side of the conscious self loves one being, while the other half loves another. The love for both is equal, which means when the two sides clash, they cancel one another out. They could bash against each other over and over, but no resolution will be found. 

So.. how does two halves become one in mutual agreement? How does the war end? ...Does it end? Will insanity be the result of the war, or can peace be found..

© 2014 WhiteCanarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A contemplative and thoughtful questioning of the separation of heart from mind. Enjoyed this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


WhiteCanarie

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I appreciate your review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 15, 2014
Last Updated on October 15, 2014
Tags: contemplation, war, heart and mind