Prompt: Loss of Memory - Free Write #1

Prompt: Loss of Memory - Free Write #1

A Poem by TheWordWrecker

In the haze of lost memory or maybe in remembrance of memories lost, I began my quest through deserts and jungles, through the most terrifying of storms and brighter days. My journey was long. So long I lost count of days. Which seems another memory gone. My hope is to find a small vial, the silvery memory swirling inside with the ghostly faces of the people I once knew. No memory can be anywhere but the brain. A memory is like beauty and it's in the eye of the beholder. Subjective in nature, never constant, never fact. Facts are only documented by machine with computer brains, not a human mind in a jar. 

Yet computers make mistakes. My brain doesn’t catch fire when it overheats, yet. Or sparks out of control when a drop of water meets the rare earth circuit surface, at least not yet. 

Rare earth's that make our smartphones and computers. They go by that name for a reason. Hopefully, we remember to recycle. Otherwise, we’ll bankrupt the earth. But the earth isn’t a bank. The universe will let it crumble not bail it out because we got greedy and took advantage of the system. No, the universe will let it crumble, hit by an asteroid or swallowed by a black hole. 

Loss of our earth if a memory loss in itself. 

© 2016 TheWordWrecker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016

Author

TheWordWrecker
TheWordWrecker

Cincinnati, OH



About
Recent Grad from Uni missing a writing community chained to a desk at a 9-5 jotting story notes to pass the time. Doctors orders: Words, I must find! Otherwise, I might loose my mind. (No,.. more..

Writing