You

You

A Poem by Lawrence Brown

Hello world I have to introduce myself to you. Nobody truly knows who I am. At least I think they don't.

You see there's been a lot of talk going around, about who I am, what I am, so I'm going to explain it to you.

I'm a mean onry type of person. I take advantage of people, hurt others feelings, why should I care.

There's always a fool ready to be used, is it you.


I laugh at the thought of being helpful, giving and loving. I wouldn't dare volunteer at a shelter, mission or food closet.

So what I use drugs, drink, gangbang and carry guns,I'm not hurting you, am I?

My smile hides deep pains I carry inside, that I try to hide when I see you, as I wonder am I hiding them right?

It's not a secret I love fast cars, faster women and even faster cash, and if I hurt you along my journey, I guess it's God's plans.


What do you see when you see me?
I see you looking. Trying to figure out what I'm all about, but you'll never know me because I'm only going to show you, what I want to show.

You'll never learn the dread I feel every time I step a foot outside. You'll never know the hopes, I hope and the fears I know. You'll never know how I'm doing inside and how I live a lonely life. You'll never know the tears I shed at night.

Do you think you know who I am, do you think you have a small picture of who I'm describing to you.

Well if any one of these words hit home, if anything I said makes you feel sad, makes you feel guilty, ashamed, or feel like I touched a nerve inside your brain.

I might have been describing....

You..


You
Lawrence Brown 8/22/14

© 2015 Lawrence Brown


Author's Note

Lawrence Brown
Hello Community. I'm welcome to shall thoughts and ideas.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! very suspenseful and hit a lot of senses.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lawrence Brown

8 Years Ago

Thank You Tamika
Lawrence Brown

8 Years Ago

Thank You Tamika
Tamika Finley

8 Years Ago

no problem Lawrence
M very thought provoking indeed. Good job.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015

Author

Lawrence Brown
Lawrence Brown

Bozeman, MT



About
I've been writing over 30 years I'm 40 and looKing to get published. I can write every genre style. I wrote screenplays, stage plays, fiction, non fiction, philosophy, young adult, children's books et.. more..

Writing