The Watcher

The Watcher

A Story by Jessica
"

Just something that I threw together

"
Not all stories have happy endings unfortunately. I haven't written for awhile. Maybe this will help. 
As I said not all stories have happy endings. At least not the type of happy ending that you think. I've come to believe that for some death might be their happy ending. For how do you explain a life of pain to someone and have them understand or even live a normal life? Some people can cope with it, but for some it becomes to terrible. It becomes harder and harder to start over. I think that is the case for some of those that I've encountered. You see I collect stories. Stories from times before mine and stories of horrors and joys untold. 
Some stories shine brighter than others. Like this one book that I met. Their story was particularly interesting because it seemed like a nice fantasy story that you would read and when you least expected it, it sucker punched you in the gut. Taking you by surprise so much that all you can do is laugh when that happens.
Other stories are a little older and their binding is a little more cracked. These stories are always good reads, but you never can figure out the endings. Its kind of funny because some of these stories have you falling so deep into the story that you struggle to find your way out. These older ones are like that and its okay because you still have to know how it ends.
One story that I met had a tragic and surprise ending. It surprised all of the book collectors that I met because it seemed to be turning into a happy story. The story had taken us to a rehab facility where it was trying to get help. The story had taken the collector's in and out of these places, but no one expected that to happen. Unfortunately, the story ended shortly after that, but perhaps the story finally can find the peace it did not find in life. 
Now don't get me wrong, I would rather the stories continue and I will fight to see them end at a time that is fitting for them. Hopefully a time after I am long gone. You see the stories I work with are short stories that are just discovering themselves. The other story collector's are also discovering themselves and are not sure of themselves because their books are not filled with that much experience yet either. It is scary to advise and collect stories when your own story is just now taking shape. But these slightly older stories will fight until the end of their pages to protect and guide the younger ones. That is something I know for sure. For I see the passion that is in their pages and on their covers. Unless they burn out and restart their story somewhere else they will continue to fight for these young books.
Other stories push you to rethink life and all that it is. There have been many stories like that, but one in particular stands out. It is this book that is rough around the edges and the pages have been pierced and scribbled on, but throughout the story it is a story of hope. The book just wants to have peace, even though its story is not very peaceful. I discovered this book as I was helping settle stories in and still learning my own job as a story collector. This book was very sad, but contained funny lyrics to comedic songs and heartfelt poetry. Yes, it also contained break-up tears, but that cannot be helped for every story has to have a tragic break-up or failed romantic attempts. It also liked to tell stories of pranks. I really do hope that it has a happy ending.
The ultimate questions sometimes though is that what happens when a story collector becomes burned? 

© 2016 Jessica


Author's Note

Jessica
It is confusing and jumbled, but it makes sense to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I never saw this. I had to drop off wc for a while, but I'm back. I enjoyed this piece a lot. There's much to be said, or written in this case, for stories that aren't finished. Sometimes, I think in regards to the young stories, they're lost and easily influenced, sometimes angry at the world making mistakes in moments of rage and in need of forgiveness (even if that one took a lot of time), in search of approval, looking for someone to understand, etc. And sometimes they're exactly as you described. I hope all of them, both older and young, end the way they're meant to.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 11, 2016
Last Updated on November 11, 2016
Tags: hurt, fantasy

Author

Jessica
Jessica

IA



About
I work with teens and thought this could be a good creative outlet. I'm a superhero geek and amateur poet. more..

Writing
New drawing New drawing

A Story by Jessica


The young tree The young tree

A Story by Jessica