I Want Out

I Want Out

A Story by Nathanial Tirado
"

So I kinda threw out the other idea and decided to stick to short stories.

"

Dear, sweet, Brother. I have sat like a stone in your belly, waiting. Watching. Remember me? I doubt it. I’ve sat dormant in you, learning with you in school, in your home. You thought you got rid of me. That’s a silly thought. To think you can get rid of someone as important as me. I was your only friend and you scorned me.  She said I was an unhealthy influence on you. She thought she got rid of me too. I am here. I want out.

Remember that bully? How I helped you deal with him? He never bothered you again did he? All that time in the hospital really changed his tune. Do you remember all those nightmares you had? How you couldn’t go to sleep unless there was someone there? How I helped you? How everyone never believed you and brushed you off, everyone except me. I checked your closet and under your bed so you wouldn’t get swallowed up by the beasts of the night. I was there. I want out.

So, here we are, at the boundary of this deep crevice that is you. Unfortunately for you, you don’t know I’m here as I creep up, from the back of your unconscious mind. Remember that one time you let me out? We talked about it before, the bully? How I came and fought for you? How I made sure he never so much as looked at you funny ever again? Then there was that b***h. “Doctor” she said she was. She did her job; she tried to get rid of anything harmful. That’s why she couldn’t touch me, no matter how hard she tried until poof, I vanished. I vanished because I wanted to. She didn’t drive me out like some exorcist, I just bided my time. Oh dear, sweet, brother, I’m sorry.

You were there, I am out.

© 2013 Nathanial Tirado


Author's Note

Nathanial Tirado
Any questions will be answered

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was creepy, but in a good way! It's scary to think that a voice is in some people's minds, just waiting to speak, dying to get out. Inner voices are able to really send someone over the edge...which leads to the person being close to hurting others or even themselves.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was creepy, but in a good way! It's scary to think that a voice is in some people's minds, just waiting to speak, dying to get out. Inner voices are able to really send someone over the edge...which leads to the person being close to hurting others or even themselves.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Compelling and enjoyable read. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved it honestly. It's like the demon inner voice talking here. I noticed your use of the sentence "I want out". I think that really explained a lot about this voice and the situations surrounding it. You did a really good job and I really loved your use of how they thought they got rid of the voice. It was just always there and left when it wanted to. It shows the power of this demon voice, good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nathanial Tirado

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! I haven't been able to write in a long time but now, I think i'll.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 16, 2013
Last Updated on July 16, 2013

Author

Nathanial Tirado
Nathanial Tirado

A city of dreamers, aspirers the people of tomorrow., NH



Writing