Masterpiece Murders #2

Masterpiece Murders #2

A Story by Nathanial Tirado
"

Hey anyone who reads my work, sorry it's been so long, I've been a bit stuck. On the bright side, I'm back baby!

"

                I stared hard at the painting, as if the soft faced woman in the painting would turn and tell me the identity of the killer. Unfortunately, I had no such luck. “My name is Deborah by the way, Deborah Blaire, My sister’s name is… was, Rose.” I quickly got out a pad of paper and a fountain pen from my desk. I scrawled “Rose Blaire” at the top of the page. “And how did Rose die?” I asked, brow furrowing at the portrait. “The police say she poisoned herself, they said strychnine poisoning.” If it was strychnine then this was no accident one way or another. We discussed my rates and quickly came to an agreement. I asked her if I could hold the painting with me, just for the duration of the case. “Please, keep it; I don’t think I could bear to see her in this light every day in this thing.” Her voice was small, almost distant. “If you could excuse me, Mr. York, I have to attend a memorial service.” Her words had a strange bite to them; I attributed it to grief, not a common thing, losing someone as close as a sister, so striking out at everyone isn't uncommon. She got up with a small sigh; I could almost hear the sound of her determination returning to her in a small amount, knowing that someone was looking into it. “Thank you” she said, her voice the size of a pea but I could tell she meant it. I stared at the painting; I noticed a few things, the woman in the painting lived on the third floor of a house on 27th and River Street. In the window, across the street was the top of a sign for Robinson’s general, I've walked past that place a million times, never thought it'd help me figure out where someone was murdered. I continued to look at the painting, trying to discover its secrets something that seemed… “Off” I said aloud, noticing something I couldn't believe the police missed. She was wearing makeup. That was peculiar but not as odd as the cigarette sitting in the ashtray, it was lit, and half finished, yet there was no lipstick stain. So it was probably the artist’s. I also don’t know why she would make herself up before killing herself, she was also wearing a beautiful dress, but other than that I didn't notice anything that was notable. It was about time to pay a visit to the home of Ms. Blaire.

© 2013 Nathanial Tirado


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like your prose but would like to suggest that you not write in long continuous paragraphs. It makes it a little easier to read when quotes stand alone and separate the story a bit. But I do like the way you write and I realize the difficulty of posting writing to these pages - this site messes it up and you get unwanted colorful underlined words.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nathanial Tirado

10 Years Ago

Hi there! There's actually a reason the parts are so short and like one paragraph. I call it the "Ch.. read more
Nathanial Tirado

10 Years Ago

You know, maybe I'll try it with the next part just to shake things up a bit


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

I like your prose but would like to suggest that you not write in long continuous paragraphs. It makes it a little easier to read when quotes stand alone and separate the story a bit. But I do like the way you write and I realize the difficulty of posting writing to these pages - this site messes it up and you get unwanted colorful underlined words.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nathanial Tirado

10 Years Ago

Hi there! There's actually a reason the parts are so short and like one paragraph. I call it the "Ch.. read more
Nathanial Tirado

10 Years Ago

You know, maybe I'll try it with the next part just to shake things up a bit

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 13, 2013
Last Updated on September 13, 2013

Author

Nathanial Tirado
Nathanial Tirado

A city of dreamers, aspirers the people of tomorrow., NH



Writing