The Masterpiece Murders #6

The Masterpiece Murders #6

A Story by Nathanial Tirado
"

I'm back!

"

                Her name was Cynthia Weaver, and her friend was Maria Vermeer. Her friend was than three blocks from my neck of the woods. I assumed the bruiser was still skulking around my building like a bad smell; I’d deal with him later. When we got to the place I was amazed. It was lusher than Dean Martin and twice as suave. The red brick building was three stories tall with two generous windows on every floor. A small tree sat every few feet guarded with a small metal cage, most likely to protect from dogs. After a few flights of stairs she pointed to a door with a trembling hand, unaware of the fate of her friend. I motioned a finger to my lips and gave a short gesture for her to stay put. I pulled out my gun and gingerly pushed open the already ajar door and on the other side was a sight to behold. There she was, looking like something straight out of a museum. She was draped in a flowing cloth, lying on her side facing away from the door. I slowly drew upon her to check for any signs of life. What I found shook me to my deepest part. She was grinning; it was a sort of unnatural smile that made a person’s blood run cold. I’d have a chat with an old friend of mine about what caused it. I was transfixed on that smile until I heard a muffled yelp from the doorway. I looked over to see Ms. Weaver outside the door clutching a hand to her mouth at the shock of seeing her friend in such a way. I couldn’t say I blamed her, I nearly emptied my guts when I saw my first dead body. Luckily for us the body was fresh, the smell of death hadn’t darkened this home…yet. I wanted to look around before the police trounced about the place like a bunch of animals but I had to tend to Ms. Weaver who appeared she was about to collapse. It isn’t every day you’re forced to see a friend turned into a beautifully tragic masterpiece like the one that lay before us that day.

© 2014 Nathanial Tirado


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014

Author

Nathanial Tirado
Nathanial Tirado

A city of dreamers, aspirers the people of tomorrow., NH



Writing