Everlasting Sky

Everlasting Sky

A Story by The Other Name
"

Something I wrote after watching some heat Lightning out behind my house for an good part of an hour.

"

 Everlasting sky.


It begins with a silent gesture, that hand extended for yours, an invitation to the unknown the unexpected, to what one had never dared to even dream of.  A feeling long lost in that endless sea of blue, an experience only known to that storm that's not a storm. A place where the dancers arched about the dance floor never quite reaching the earth, trapped forever in that storm that's not a storm, but a dance in the sky. For the sky was their dance floor, that everlasting sky hidden in the dark of night, un seen and unheard to all except those with the eyes to truly see. Twisting, twirling, tumbling, turning, across that endless sky, their fritz and frills arching about behind them as they snapped across the sky.  The forever sky that held host to the dance of the storm that's not a storm, an arching festival of a silent serenade, as they zipped across the sky. Their laughter unheard by all, theirs only to behold and cherish as they flittered about the sky, bringing sight to those in the dark, in flashes of beauty.  So join them in that spectacle, extend your hand if only for a moment of your busy, busy  lives, and join the dancers in the storm that's not a storm, for their fun is fleeting. Their rest taken as the sun rises, and that sea of blue whisks away the dance floor of gray, and the storm that's not a storm is lost once again. To that Everlasting sky.          

© 2012 The Other Name


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The imagery here is stunning, you clearly have a lot of talent. You really have no need to be insecure about any of your writing. I love this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this, its so fascinating andkinda just grabbed me by the heart in a way.

keep writing:]





















Posted 11 Years Ago


If i was to pair this with a song, than my choice would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c35s3LbhRE&feature=colike

Nice job, reminds me of the song, word for word, moment for moment.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012
Tags: Sky, Lightning

Author

The Other Name
The Other Name

About
I am a young aspiring writer, not fully confident in my ability to produce pieces of literature that truly impresses. I have been given good reviews, by friends and family and I was hoping for the opi.. more..

Writing
The Pen The Pen

A Story by The Other Name



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Princess Princess

A Story by reflectingus