Chapter 6: Strike!

Chapter 6: Strike!

A Chapter by Jcortz3

Since the building was small, GhostStrike could see them but they didn't have time to hide either way. "Well well well, I was right to check here, I found a girl and... Zato's son?" Jayce glared at him. "Oh, I see, you want to prove to the world that you can be just like your mom but you can't because you're a pathetic idiotic bum so go back to Blanto," he said. He floated towards him. Neon noticed that GhostStrike was not paying attention to her so she quietly grabbed her flask containing Hydrofluoric acid and uncapped it. "Drop your mommy's sword and march out of here right now or I'll pummel you with my arm cannons!" he yelled. Jayce stood his ground and stared angrily at him. "Alright then, you asked for it." GhostStriker raised his arm cannon at him ready to punch him with the loaded bowling ball. Jayce tensed up and was ready to block with his sword. Neon quickly splashed the acid at GhostStrike's face. He screamed in pain. They saw his face was melting. Jayce swung his sword at him but GhostStrike blocked his strike with one of his arm cannons. He was trying to decapitate him but each swing was blocked despite GhostStrike still screaming in pain and holding his other arm cannon to his face. Both of their weapons clashed but Jayce was taken by surprise when he was hit by the other arm cannon and was launched to the side. He landed backward but the backpack cushioned his fall. He heard the chakrams rustle inside it. He looked up and saw GhostStrike turned his attention towards Neon. 

"Your weapons are limited eventually you are going to run out," he said as he shot a bowling ball at her. She dodged it. "How did you even get those anyway?" he asked her. He shot a few more bowling balls at her but this time she hid behind an arcade machine for cover. Jayce shook his head and slowly got up, opened his backpack, and grabbed a chakram. GhostStrike was still trying to hit Neon with his ammo. His back was turned to him. Without thinking, he dashed towards the back of the building and once he was at throwing distance, he threw it at an angle. The chakram struck GhostStrike at the back of the head. It caught itself on his head. GhostStrike's head slowly fell off. His rags disappeared and his arm cannons fell to the ground. 

The two of them looked at the decapitated head. Jayce tapped it with his foot. It rolled but it didn't react. It just looked like a normal bowling ball except a bit melted and a chakram at the back of it. He reached down to grab and pluck his chakram out of the bowling ball. He looked at Neon as he was putting his chakram back in his backpack. "What's wrong?" he asked. "I wished I could've helped you more, he is right my weapons are limited," she said as she pointed at her five flasks. "One of them is broken and another is empty, chemicals are obviously hard to come by these days" she continued. "Hey, don't beat yourself over it, you helped me well," he said. "Maybe we could find a new weapon somewhere on our journey." For now, they rested for a bit and thought about what just happened. 

Meanwhile, in Pyranical's base, an argument is occurring. "How dare you not inform me of this sudden change?" the witch asked. "GhostStrike was annoying me about expanding his area so I let him have some of your territory," Pyranical said. She gave a disgusted look. "Frankly, your area is pretty large to begin with and not to mention you are the most boring monster I created, I don't even remember your name." "It's Grenda" she responded. "Eh, I don't care," he said. "Although your successor is taking a while to report back here" he added. 

Jayce and Neon already left the abandoned arcade and were continuing to Zanta City. Neon claimed the fastest way to Pyranical's base is through Zanta City which is a few miles north of Cespion Village. However, Neon explained that Zanta City and other big cities have turned into mines and the residents are being forced to be slaves. "Apparently they are being used to help Pyranical find something to make him even more powerful but I didn't understand what it was," she said. They reached the end of the village. Jayce looked back but Neon continued walking. "Aren't you going to reflect or say goodbye to the town?" he asked. "After being isolated for years and the neighbors not knowing that I existed? No, I don't think I will" she replied. They continued heading north. 



© 2021 Jcortz3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on July 9, 2021
Last Updated on July 9, 2021
Tags: adventure, fantasy, novel, book, fun, dread, quest, journey, cool, science, friends, friendship, sword, modern


Author

Jcortz3
Jcortz3

San Pablo, CA



About
I have returned and this time I am writing a novel. It's still in progress but I hope you enjoy it! more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Blanto Chapter 1: Blanto

A Chapter by Jcortz3