The Final Experience

The Final Experience

A Poem by THE LOST ROSE
"

The end of a relationship!

"

The Final Experience

 

The possibility of an imagination that one night transformed into a dream

And later became my reality, was a result of my prayer to GOD, that he, unite us once again.

I did indeed pray for you to share in the many sunrises and sunsets with me.

As I pen this poem I realize that I should have defined the word “many” with my prayer.

I should have seen the deception in your eyes and felt the emptiness of your spirit.

But I got caught up in the fact that maybe my prayers were being answered…So I waited.

 

With you as my air, the creativity from my soul spilled to an unimaginable level

That touched the hearts of a few, which witness it on print.

The only explanation for the power of words, spilling from my spirit…was…“LOVE”

With you as my air, my wind, my night…I finally tasted…“LOVE”. 

It was you that I thought would inspire my next 100 poems.

It was you that I wanted to love and make the center of my world.

Even though we only made it a fourth of the way I take solace

In knowing you didn’t even love me that much, if you even loved me at all?

 

At times, we all live in the moment of the lyrics, to our favorite songs.

That’s why music sings to our bodily movements, our sudden actions, our daily thoughts!

My poems dedicated to you were love songs from my heart.

It was my way to communicate and touch you when you were not there.

I do not hold on to the feeling of what the “Beautiful Ones” do to you every time!

The question asked of you, “Do You Want Me” was answered by your actions or lack of.

But my pen will continue to spill ink about hope and faith on blank sheets of paper.

I will never stop expressing the best part of me…you tried to destroy…My heart!

Sweet dreams forever “Beautiful One”, and I thank you finally…for ending…this experience!

© 2010 THE LOST ROSE


Author's Note

THE LOST ROSE
Inspired by a Prince's son titled the "Beautiful Ones"

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I felt that. I've been exactly where your words took me. It was like revisiting a distant, but tremendously sad memory. You captured the essence of this experience beautifully and I'm certain that anyone who reads this could truly feel the depth of that pain and relate to it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


as always......

Posted 11 Years Ago


Me encanta!!...I could truly relate to this

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really love this one. it's easily relatable and has a very nice flow to it. I'm glad I read it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful heartfelt piece, in that I could feel the narrator's pain as I was reading the poem. I felt like was a part of the experience. And I like that. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! Your words mirror my own in so many ways. Thank you for sharing!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem expresses so much feeling in the lost relationship of love. It grabs the heart and makes you feel the hurt. Thank you for writing this poem. It has inspired me to write my own poem of a relationship that is ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i see hope, the fulfilment of the hope... and also it crashing down
but in the end i also see that it is better to be released then stuck in a limbo indefinately...
=)
i love how it ends with a positive note

Posted 13 Years Ago


My main man. Whats good with you? Its been a while..
Its a crazy view as an outsider looking in, cause you have always been honest with your works and words. So to see that relationship, or lack there of, go full circle and then you still come out on top is a testament to your strength as a writer and as person. But I say forget about about love cuz! live your life. Nice guys finish last and play the game or get played.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this, especially the middle stanza. I like that this was written similar to random thoughts on a paper, like a journal, and yet was still poetic. Great job with that. Also, this was a refreshing way to look at a break-up, as just another experience that you learn from. You take the good away from it and the positive emotions you felt, and move on. Definitely a difference from the sorrowful love poems that I am used to reading ~~~ great job with this!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1433 Views
31 Reviews
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on July 11, 2010

Author

THE LOST ROSE
THE LOST ROSE

Detroit, MI



About
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Lost-Rose/120584114666744 Hey WC family, can you do me a favor if you are on FaceBook, type in my other FB page “The Lost Rose” and select LIKE. I.. more..

Writing