The Fire breathing Unicorn of Darkness

The Fire breathing Unicorn of Darkness

A Story by Thorn
"

In which Fud tells us a story.

"

I am the Fire breathing Unicorn of Darkness!!

But you may call me Fud, my dear friend.

How did I end up in this situation? Well, long story short...

I was tricked.

"Never trust a human" was my motto. But little Tommy-he was different. Sweet kid, that Tommy.

Or so it seemed.

He said that we were going to go to the park. Of course, I believed him. Tommy loved the park. Every day we would go there. Kick around a rugby ball or two. Or three.

And then lose them all.

So you can imagine my surprise when, instead of the park, I found myself in a little cell at somewhere called...

THE POUND.

And yes, it was bloody awful. The place smelt of old hay and... things that I'd rather not mention.  My roomate was a smelly old cow named Lidia. Beautiful name, awful character. After the first few minutes in her company, I was about ready to incinerate the damn thing.

Then, a stroke of good luck. The guards were distracted by something else, and I was able to break free. Of course, given a little time, I could have gotten free anyway.

How?

I'm the Fire breathing Unicorn of Darkness, remember? How smart do you humans think you are?

Anyway, back to the story. I broke out of my cell, and managed to escape THE POUND. And, may I note, didn't have to breathe any fire at all. How impressive is that?

Once free, I caught sight of a lovely looking forest just across the road. With visions of freedom in mind, I struck out towards it.

Next thing I know, I'm here.

Turns out you're supposed to look both ways before you cross the street. But how was I to know?

I'm the Fire breathing UNICORN of Darkness. I'm not exactly fluent in human!

 

© 2010 Thorn


Author's Note

Thorn
Fud is one of my favourite characters that I've ever made up. For this story, I just put myself in his shoes and wrote. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Its very hard to trust again when trust has been broken as you have described, and then when your reach out to try and trust you are not appreciated. I can relate to this, and think many can. Finally breaking free ! I'm hoping that you "look both ways", take care and heal self, as every spirit is special! ~ Jude :-)
PS I'm not fluent in human either!


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
I LOVE Fud!! He is amazing!! And this is SO funny!! xD And amazing. I love how you wrote it, and the last part where he ran across the road. My favorite part is the last line.

"I'm the Fire breathing UNICORN of Darkness. I'm not exactly fluent in human!"

Hilarious. Love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is nice but very cute too, lol not bad.

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


Its very hard to trust again when trust has been broken as you have described, and then when your reach out to try and trust you are not appreciated. I can relate to this, and think many can. Finally breaking free ! I'm hoping that you "look both ways", take care and heal self, as every spirit is special! ~ Jude :-)
PS I'm not fluent in human either!


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

hahahahaahahahahaha OMG that is like, the cutest thing i've ever read like.... ever!!! nice job, no. Fantastic job!!!! AHh!!!! how adorable

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1669 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 30, 2009
Last Updated on August 28, 2010
Tags: Unicorn, Fire breathing unicorn of darkne

Author

Thorn
Thorn

A city with roads in it, New Zealand



About
I'm Thorn. I like sushi, and my pet axolotl, Mexie. I enjoy sailing, writing, and acting. And playing my flute. ^^ I dislike maths, trying to memorise Shakespeare, and being wrong. But I love my c.. more..

Writing
Thoughts Thoughts

A Story by Thorn


Dawning Dawning

A Poem by Thorn


Midnight Liaison Midnight Liaison

A Chapter by Thorn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..