The Meeting

The Meeting

A Chapter by Crifa

There they were. Right behind me and coming up fast.  My breathing was getting heavy and my body growing weak.  My legs were moving as fast as I could make them.  Feet slipping off the pedals.  I wasn't gonna make it.
It all started about a month ago.  We had to move didn't we.  What was wrong with our last house?  It is still there!  Still inhabitable!  I don't get it.  Don't my parents know I was happy there?  I had tons of friends!  Anyways I'm getting off topic.  We moved, yeah awesome.  This new house was very big I must say.  Compared to my last house.  It had a whole second floor!  I was afraid in this new neighborhood with the kids I didn't know.  I hadn't tried talking to them or anything, I don't even go outside.  What if they didn't like me or thought I was weird?  Anyways my mom dragged my sister and I out of the house and forced us to go to the dreaded cul-de-sac.  I had heard stories about that God forsaken place.  Rumor has it 3 little boys were just minding their own business and having fun when the ground opened up and swallowed them. Gulp. I didn't want to go there.  When I got up there I felt a little better because there were like 10 adults making sure no one got hurt.  After riding my bike around alone for a while getting looks by the other kids they finally came up to me.  My heart was racing.  
"Hey you're the new kid right?" said the older of two brothers.
"Uh-yeah....that's me," I said in reply.
"HAHA NEW KID! NEW KID! NEW KID!" they stared taunting me and chasing me around.  I had to get out of there.
And that brings us back.  I wasn't gonna make it.  Then...off in the distance I saw him.  A black figure sat on his new set of wheels.  Jet black with pegs on the back and the front, of course he didn't need training wheels.  This is the coolest kid I've ever seen.  He wore a jean jacket with his ripped jeans (probably from a fight with wolves).  
"Hey you."  Was he talking to me?  Does he really notice such a loser like me?
"Me?" I pointed to myself in question.
"No, that trash can over there-YES YOU.  Those kids been botherin you?"
"Well I mean...kinda yeah..I guess."
"Alright the older one that's the little f****t Joey.  He's their leader.  Trust me I've been keepin an eye on these guys for years. I know their ways.  Listen you stick with me kid you'll be fine"
"Ok...we-well w-w-what are we gonna do?"
"What are you scared? Knock it off and grow up.  We're gonna go take 'em out."
"Like to dinner?  I don't think my mom would let me."
*Sigh* he rolled his eyes, "You have a lot to learn but I'll tell you what. I kinda like you kid you can be my friend."
"Well thanks I guess...you're pretty cool too."  Perfectly executed, Chris, I was playing this off very cool.  
Well that kid became my best friend.  We pretty much did everything together.  It's crazy how much more confident you get with your buddy next to you.  I wasn't afraid of anybody with Mike by my side.  We could take on the world.  


© 2013 Crifa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on October 25, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013


Author

Crifa
Crifa

MA



Writing
Strings Strings

A Poem by Crifa


Hive Mind Hive Mind

A Poem by Crifa


Nightfall Nightfall

A Poem by Crifa