The Thinking Tree

The Thinking Tree

A Story by Crifa
"

A Love Story For My Friend Lauri

"
  

     It was a sunny day with some clouds, that kind of day where the sun isn't too hot or bright.  Birds were coming back after the long winter and the bees were out by the flowers, spring time was back again.  I was sitting with my back against the tree eyes closed enjoying a nice breeze that pushed my hair the sides of my head and made me feel free.  I come to this park often, it is my favorite place to think.  I am a big time CEO and have the stress of my whole company on my shoulders.  I knew just about everyone who came to the park by now, most who come have a routine.  Come, jog, feed the birds, leave.  The park was beautiful.  It had a stone pathway that winded around the park with benches about every 20 feet or so.  There was a small pond in the middle surrounded by hills on all sides.  I was sitting on the crest of the hill by my favorite tree that day when I saw something strange.  Someone new.  That was very rare in the park, especially after a long and cold winter.  This newcomer was a young woman about my age.  She was thin but not to the bone.  She was average height about 5'4" and had straight blond hair with brown highlights that glowed in the sunlight.  She was wearing a pink spring dress that flowed with each gust of wind.  I was amazed.  Never in my life had I seen something so beautiful.  I had to meet this girl.  I slowly stood up careful to not let her see me, I was still nervous, and walked toward her.  She was skipping rocks across the pond when I walked up and skipped one next to hers. 
     "You are very good at this.  Did you grow up around water?" I asked.
     "Yes, I grew up on the shore in Liverpool, England and you aren't so bad yourself," she replied.
     So we talked until the sun went down and then parted.
     "Will you be back tomorrow?" I almost pleaded.
     "We will see.  I have much to do."
     After she left I stayed for a while.  I had only one thing in mind, Sarah.  That was her name.   I had learned it along with where she lived and what she did for a living; she inherited a flower shop franchise popular in England.  She had moved here to try to expand her business into America and what other place to do it than New York. 
     The next day I took time off of work just to wait for Sarah in the park.  It took a lot of waiting but by late afternoon she came.  Once again we skipped rocks together and then we walked around the park and i told her about myself.  I told her how I owned a big company and I came here to think often.  She then told me about her thinking habits.  She liked to sit on the beach with her feet in the water feeling the push and pull of the waves.  That is when I knew I loved this girl.  She was just like me and loved the things I did.  I asked her on a date.
     "Hey maybe tomorrow I can show you around the city and maybe we can get something to eat," I proposed.
     "Hmmm," she pondered, "That sounds like a wonderful idea."
     She smiled as she said this with her beautiful straight white teeth and the gleam of happiness in her deep blue eyes.
     The next morning I woke up early, showered, put on cologne, gelled my hair, and did all sorts of things i normally wouldn't.  I wanted to impress Sarah.  I went to the bank and took out $1,000.  Today was my day to shine.  I took Sarah all around the city showing her this and that.  We went to a few museums and went on a trail ride at the edge of the city.  I took her to the best restaurant in town.  After all this fun and money spending we went back to the park.  We sat by my tree and I held her in my arms.  So simple, yet so romantic.  At sunset she looked up at me with those sweet blue eyes and kissed me!  My body felt like it just got shocked; it was the best moment of my life.
     After that night for about a month we went on dates and saw each other quite often, but we always went to the park.  No matter what every day we were there.  One day in late April, she did not show up.  I called her and stopped by her house but no luck.  After a few days of not seeing her I got worried.  I went to the landowner of the apartment she was staying at and asked about her.  The woman told me that Sarah had gone to England.
     No! This couldn't be happening!  I had just found the woman of my dreams and she was gone!
     I soon became depressed and I spent most of my time drinking.  My employees got sick of me.  They complained to the higher ups.  My job was being threatened.  I got my act together and rose back to the top.  I was loved again.
     My job became all I cared about.  Well until that day.  It was a normal day and I was watching the news before going to work.  Something came on.  We have a Miss Sarah Brooks here and she has won the award for most contribution to the community.  We all thank you Sarah!  This was it! I found her again!  The next day I went to my boss and asked for a vacation.  He said no.  He told me I was needed and  if I left I was going to be fired.  This was my whole life, I had nothing else.  I was gonna risk everything on the hope that she loves me back?  This was a tough decision but I knew where to think it through. 
     As I got to my tree I was rushed with memories of Sarah.  I couldn't think about anything but her.  I knew what I had to do.  I told my boss I quit and booked the next flight to Liverpool.  I didn't even pack.  I was putting all of my trust on love.  When I got to England I started right away asking for Sarah.  Nobody knew where she was.  After 3 days of no success I found a park.  I needed something familiar.  This park was different it had a bridge and was flat.  I found a tree and fell asleep.  I woke to the sounds of screams and saw splashing.  Someone was drowning!  I quickly ran to the pond and jumped in but the splashing stopped.  No! I couldn't let this person die!  I pulled her out and it was Sarah.  She wasn't breathing.  I got over my astonishment and put my mouth on hers and blew.  Blow, push, blow, push.  Nothing! I kept trying with tears now coming from my eyes.  As I finally had no more strength I gave one last push to her chest and let my head drop.  I was crying on her stomach when suddenly I felt a rise and fall.  Her eyes were opening!
     "John?" she mumbled.
     "I'm here Sarah. I'm here.  I always will be," I croaked.
     "John, I love you."

The End

© 2012 Crifa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I absolutely love this. I feel like it's too good to be true but I know life is full of amazing stories that often fit in that category. I really hope you guys work out until the end. Grow old, sit in the park, talk about the good old days and live forever in each other's arms :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aww that was sweet. Good job. :)
-Aud

Posted 11 Years Ago


I absolutely love this. I feel like it's too good to be true but I know life is full of amazing stories that often fit in that category. I really hope you guys work out until the end. Grow old, sit in the park, talk about the good old days and live forever in each other's arms :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh. My. God.
Oh...My...God.
After that one I'll be lucky to wake up tommorow without tears in my eyes
Rating: 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2012
Last Updated on June 19, 2012

Author

Crifa
Crifa

MA



Writing
Strings Strings

A Poem by Crifa


Hive Mind Hive Mind

A Poem by Crifa


Nightfall Nightfall

A Poem by Crifa