Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Crifa
"

Crifa's Chapter

"
     Middleton High School.  That's where my life started.  At least, that's what I consider to be the start.  It's when I matured, got a girlfriend, and met the greatest guy i know, Jarred.  Jarred and I were buddies from the start.  When I first saw Jarred I knew that we would have a long friendship.  He was scrawny like me and didn't have the muscle that the other guys did.  We were smart though and that's what got us through.  I have dark brown hair that could be mistaken for black, brown eyes with a hint of a yellow glow, and I'm 5'7".  Jarred is about the same standing at 5'8" with light brown hair and dark brown eyes that remind you of a bear when you look into them.  We weren't part of the "cool" crowd but we had our own group of friends and that was enough for us.  Jarred and I mostly kept things between us.  Sure we had other friends but they weren't nearly as close as Jarred and me were to each other.  One day in sophomore year Jarred and I got into a fight with two other guys.  Both of us tried our hardest but we were destroyed.  We didn't give up when we shouldn't so we walked away with a few broken bones and cuts and bruises all over our bodies.
     We were ashamed.
     Jarred and I didn't talk to anyone after that.  It was just the two of us for about three months.  During those months we made the biggest decision of our lives.  We were gonna join the military.
   Jarred came over everyday after that to work out.  We ate an all protein diet and totally prepared our bodies for what was ahead.  By Junior year we had gained 40 lb of muscle.  We had totally changed.  Suddenly people wanted to be our friends and wanted us to play sports but we pushed them away.  It was just us. Alone. Like it was always supposed to be.
     "Hey Jarred?" I started the conversation of that morning.
     "Yeah," Jarred replied, "what's up?"
     "I was thinking...what branch should we join?"
     "Oh that's an easy one, the marines!  Have you seen them?  They can bench the school!"
     "Ok...just...will we be able to stay together?"
     "Skyler, we will make it happen.  You'll be the sniper and I will be the spotter.  You might think we aren't fagots."
     We called ourselves this when we acted really close or clingy.  We were as far away from homosexual as someone can get but it made us laugh none the less.
     "Well I don't know Jarred..."
     "What do you mean you don't know?  We have trained for a year!  You can't quit now!  This is what we want! It perfect we can ju--"
     "I don't think I'm good enough to be the sniper.  I'll be the spotter."
     And with that I walked ahead with Skyler arguing behind me.
     So that's what we had decided.  Marine snipers.  I wondered what our fate would be next.


© 2012 Crifa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That made me laugh, some quality moments, I guess im up now..

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on June 17, 2012


Author

Crifa
Crifa

MA



Writing
Strings Strings

A Poem by Crifa


Hive Mind Hive Mind

A Poem by Crifa


Nightfall Nightfall

A Poem by Crifa





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5