Vanished

Vanished

A Story by Daly
"

Flash Fiction (Fantasy)

"

 

 

An astonishing sight stood by the bank of the river. Mary couldn't believe it, but she remained still, refraining herself from disturbing the tranquil one-horned horse. Hiding among the trees and bushes, she watched as the mythical creature lapped her tongue on the crystal clear water. Then a sudden noise of movement and twigs snapping; the peaceful beast glanced up and alarmingly whinnied. Mary held her breath, but the one-horned horse had already assumed the presence of an intruder and galloped into the ominous forest. Everything turned quiet for true beauty vanished before Mary's innocent eyes.

 

© 2008 Daly


Author's Note

Daly
Flash Fiction (Fantasy)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well done. I liked how the whole story was told in just a small paragraph. We don't need pages to understand the world, or the character(s). (is the unicorn a character, or a part of the setting>)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the descriptions you made on the unicorn. Good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh the sweet innocent meets purity...I love the unicorn. I enjoyed this "flash" of yours--it left me wanting to read more. I hope you continue with it!
~Lorraiyne

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2008
Last Updated on March 11, 2008

Author

Daly
Daly

Montgomery Village, MD



About
Hello all. People call me Daly (pronounced as "Dolly"). I am an aspiring writer/folklorist/visual artist. Unfortunately my drawing skills are immature, so I pretty much do collages and at times comput.. more..

Writing
Blue Blue

A Poem by Daly


She Says Nothing She Says Nothing

A Story by Daly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..