IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Reviews | Nobody Gets Left Behind

IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Reviews | Nobody Gets Left Behind

A Story by TimothyLee
"

IAM Group Limited Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore to BK Thailand is a group of Managers worldwide with collaboration of their experiences to serve as inspiration for the aspiring managers.

"

Recommendations: IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore to BK Thailand

Due to economic breakdown, our company was one of the unfortunate ones badly affected. They had to down size their people because they had to cutback on expenses. Important positions were soon vacated because their professional fees cannot be met. And the employees had to be multi-tasking to keep up with the demands of our remaining clients. Soon, because of managerial problems and lack of communication, the employees in our company refused to work and go on strike.

I was tasked to mediate between:

  1. The management
  2. The employees

Certain issues had to be addressed, and the both sides took a second chance.

Feeling lucky that I still had a job, and still had the chance to give my family a bright future, I had to accept my new responsibility. At my age, where employment could be difficult, I had no choice but to do everything within my reach and even beyond, to make our department functional and effective.

I was tasked to be the department head. Although I knew it was not structured perfectly, I had to make sure my office-mates were willing to follow the plan.  I explained that the changes made by the management were necessary for the department and company to achieve the goals and objectives.  I told them that they had chosen the right people, and had expectations from them.

Because of the drastic changes in our company we had to train the employees, got them the needed materials, and created a good working environment, but still had to find more ways to keep them motivated.  I needed a strong and happy team in place or else it would all fall apart.

By making my office-mates feel like a true team, I decided to let them work as a team.  I had to find ways that inspired teamwork.  They knew that by working as a team, they would not be micro-managed.  I let them be involved in making decisions and really listened to their suggestions and ideas, truth to the saying, “Two heads are better than one”.

I also made it a priority to always acknowledge exceptional work done and in a timely fashion. By saying “thank you”, when deadlines are met, made them feel important.  I made sure that everyone fully understood that if the goals were achieved, they would be rewarded like small gifts of gratitude.

I would always look for ways to help them grow, and be promoted for those who are exceptional. Basically, I had to show that I cared about them as people.  I got to know them personally and supported them 100%.  I am aware, however, that it only takes one bad apple to spoil the lot, so whenever I feel there is a conflict, I deal with it immediately before it affects the group or the company.

I was able to build a solid, unified team with the same goals in mind.  They wanted to work hard because they knew they would be recognized and praised for a job well done.  The harder they worked, the more I would show my appreciation.  The skills they obtained were truly recognized, and even upper management came by to talk to the team about their success.  Our department was not only physically and logically in place, but now with a motivated team who was happy to follow the processes and procedures, I have created together with the management.

With these experiences I have learned that employees work better when they are happy and feel they are part of a team to reach a common goal.  It gives them a purpose and they will feel like an important part of the company. It takes hardwork, patience and a heart for us to have a strong team.  Team who respects management skills and sees you as a leader who cares.  I am thankful that our clients lasted for decades.  It is with a positive spirit that bundles us together.  We are lucky that our upper management believes that with a positive goal in life, and our love, support, and care with each other that our business flourish for many decades.  In the field, never strike co-workers. Always put one’s shoe with co-workers.  Love and care with one another.  In the end �" once future is assured that kindness with co-workers.  So much blessings will arrive in one’s life.  Selfishness may attain greatness in a short period of time. But for sure �" that greatness while sacrificing co-workers equal opportunity will only be just temporary.   In time, it will just be taken away.

I came to read the sharing of life’s management experiences in IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore to BK Thailand.  Interesting Stories about success and those who failed to receive blessings at work.  One thing that is good with our company is we never let each other down.  We learn and improve each other because we believe that if other’s can do it with the right team, each goal is attainable �" we can.  Nobody gets left behind.  Some would put others down, but not in our team.

IAM Group Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore to BK Thailand is a self-funded, non-profit association of Middle Managers worldwide working in business. IAM Group Limited Ltd are committed to helping you and all our contributors and members worldwide for your experiences at work.

They are not Linked In or trying to be.  They provide provoking ideas to fuel the fire of desire of MIDDLE MANAGERS- to expand your professional skills, better manage your organization, and enhance your career, hence, be able to control your own career trajectory to claim that greasy pole of success.

They aims for Excellence and will help you on how to thrive in these times of accelerating technological progress and economic growth with the reality of anemic job growth.

IAM Group Limited Ltd Japan Yokohama welcomes all Middle Managers who wants to express their stories  that encompasses the professional and personal rewards, gripes and  frustrations anonymously.

What makes our group unique is that we welcome contributors of MIDDLE MANAGERS  who can express their gripes and frustrations anonymously or on the positive side offer advice on claiming that greasy pole to the top.

© 2014 TimothyLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

I have seen a lot of company where hard work needs for them to finished their goal. But I guess, what is important is also to deliver the promised deliverables or output to the client or customer wherein even hardwork or overtime is not done, as long as you have made it to the deadline. I think working smarter is important than working hard. So, I congratulate you for having a small team because larger number of staff is not important as long as you have quality people in your team. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


As organizations are getting flatter and pushing responsibility down the ladder onto middle managers,
IAM Group Limited Ltd Japan Yokohama Singapore to BK Thailand is a group of Managers worldwide with collaboration of their experiences to serve as inspiration for the aspiring managers.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No one has never become poor by giving, when we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. IAM Group Ltd Japan who pursue to give and encouraging individuals in the way of posting a blog about life and giving.Lets make the world a better place.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

611 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2014
Last Updated on October 30, 2014
Tags: IAM GroupLtd Japan, IAM GroupLimited Japan, IAM GroupLtd, Yokohama, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand