Deceptive Dreams

Deceptive Dreams

A Poem by Tina
"

A poem on dreams and their deceptive nature.

"

Starry dreams cloud my eyes.
Dreams of colors.
Of barren lands.
Of Love.
Of Peace...
Dreams that are pestering,persuading,deceiving.
Curtaining me from reality.
Fogging my eyes from red signals of actuality.
From chances of survival.
I detest dreams.
They cloud in my eyes and cause rain in them.
And dissappear.

© 2008 Tina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful, the way you bring the sharp pain of reality to contrast with the smooth and warm feeling of the "starry" eyed dreams. Wonderful concept and well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


All in all I enjoyed this poem. if I might make a suggestion. the line, "Curtaining me from reality." didnt really flow that well to me. Perhaps change out curtaining for sheltering. I think it would make that line easier to read. Thank you for sharing your gift.


Posted 15 Years Ago


A creative and fascinating write. It reminded me this article I recently read;

In Greek mythology, Hypnos is a gentle and benevolent god who sometimes takes the form of a singing bird, sometimes that of a winged youth or old man. He delivers mortals from pain and mental suffering, with the help of his sons and his brother Oniros he colours their sleep with dreams. Hypnos opens two gates, the Gates of Horn and Ivory, through which Oniros comes into the minds of men. Through the Gates of Horn come prophetic dreams, and through the Gates of Ivory come 'deceptive dreams' which mislead.

You have certainly captured the danger of deceptive dreams in this composition.

Excellent!

Phill(ozofee)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Short, sharp and powerful.

You present the bitterness of reality in such few lines and with such perfectionism.

Curtaining me from reality.
Fogging my eyes from red signals of actuality.
From chances of survival.

-my favorite lines here.

Excellent job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A beautiful poem! Very well artisticly done! You're truly a great writer!
Keep writing from the soul for the good of all souls!
Good luck with all your future artistic works!
Always a friend!
TIM

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love your style of writing
this was a great piece.
Great job keep writing

Orlando M

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2008

Author

Tina
Tina

Kolkata, India



About
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, .. more..

Writing
Yet Untitled Yet Untitled

A Book by Tina


A Poem for Love A Poem for Love

A Poem by Tina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Broken

A Poem by Mysty Rayn