Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise feels confusion but longs for hope.

"

    After feeling alone and abandoned by my friends Miss Snow, Pine and Mr. Stalker, they started coming around again. After their absence of sometime this confused me. I wondered why they were showing up again, often times with little gifts.

 

    Pretty and unusual rocks, semi-precious gems and tasty treats of raw cubed meats.

 

    What was all this about? I asked several times. Snow only answered.

 

    "It's our way, the Wolf People's way. Once a Wolf Child is on the way, it is tradition to leave the mated pair alone for a while so they can bond closer."

 

    That answer left me confused. It sure didn't take away the hurt I felt at all my friends suddenly leaving me alone.

 

    A new Wolf Person friend started visiting me along with my other friends.

 

    Her name was Miss Rose. She was tall, dark with short black hair and black eyes. She had a lovely husky voice.

 

    I wasn't being too friendly back to my friends, or supposed friends. I felt confused and hadn't been able to get over the hurt of betrayal; at least I felt was betrayal.

 

    "Don't feel hurt." Miss Snow said, hurt in her black eyes at my hurt. She flipped her white hair over her shoulder.

 

   "Please Louise." Said Pine. "It is the Wolf People's way."

 

    "I didn't know. I don't know. No one bothered to explain this tradition to me or any others." I said, not able to keep the bitterness out of my voice.

 

    Miss Rose spoke up then. "Please accept our apologies, from all the Wolf People."

 

    I looked at Miss Rose. I thought her husky voice unique, cool. Then I looked away.

 

    I put my hands on my lower abdomen. It was starting to swell. I felt a moment of fear. I knew I wasn't ready to be a mother. And not a werewolf mother.

 

    "I'd like to run in the forest. I want to shape shift into my Wolf Form." I said.

 

    "After you give birth." Pine said.

 

    "Don't risk losing your Wolf Child." Mr. Stalker said.

 

    "Are female Wolf Person's so fragile?" I nearly screamed. "Is shape shifting dangerous to unborn Wolf Children or am I just being treated unfairly?"

 

    My friends all looked at each other. I could see in all their faces they felt regret.

 

    Regret at not informing me of this tradition to abandoned friends when they're needed the most or regret they were here with me and I was obviously in a bad mood?

 

    I was about to ask when Mr. Black came into the kitchen where we were.

 

    "I think Louise is tired. She needs to rest." He told the group.

 

    They all got up and headed for the door.

 

    "We'll see you tomorrow Louise."  Said Miss Snow.

 

    "Sorry for the hurt we caused." Said Pine.

 

    "I'm sorry too we hurt you, sorry we didn't make sure you understood." Said Miss Rose.

 

   "We'll hunt soon." Promised Mr. Stalker.

 

    Mr. Black saw them to the door like he was making sure they all left.  Then he came back to the kitchen where I was still sitting at the table.

 

    "You look upset." Mr. Black said.

 

    I got up and went to look out the kitchen window. I saw Dawn's Fan Club out near the forest's edge. Red Eyes and Silver Eyes.  I concluded Silver Eyes was related to Dawn because of the resemblance.

 

    Whenever I encountered them they glared at me or sneered at me. They hated me on Dawn's behalf.

 

    "I'm always upset, am I not?" I replied.

 

    "Your Blood Hunger has passed. I'm sure that must be a relief."

 

    "It is." I agreed.

 

    Fat drops of rain occasionally splattered to the earth. The Broadleaf Maples had all lost their leaves. It was much colder. The nights were so long now there was hardly any daytime.

 

    I was just waiting for snow. I dreamed still of escaping to the Human World. But I was watched constantly now. Even if I wasn't, I'm sure Mr. Black would somehow know the instant if I ran again.

 

   "Come away from the window." Mr. Black ordered.

 

   I turned. "Why didn't you ever explain to me the traditions of the Wolf People? Why was I not included in the announcement of this Wolf Child? You didn't make it on your own but you and everyone sure acted like you did!"

 

    Mr. Black heaved a big sigh. "You are my chosen mate. This is your life now. You must learn as it happens."

 

    I laughed harshly. "What a stupid, cold and uncaring answer!"

 

    I saw a flash of anger in Mr. Black's eyes. I felt a wild desire to make him even angrier. But I didn't. I pushed that urge down. I had a feeling it wouldn't do me any good.

 

    I walked away from the window, past Mr. Black and into our front room. I sat on one of the comfy chairs.

 

    Mr. Black followed me.

 

    "You will feel more like yourself as your pregnancy progresses Louise. Believe me. When you hold our Wolf Child in your arms, you will feel happy again." Mr. Black said.

 

    I didn't look at him. I looked at my hands. Part of me believed him. Part of me hoped that was true. I knew about hormones. Why should it be any different for Wolf People? Perhaps it wasn't.

 

    I felt tears in my eyes.

 

    Call it depression, melancholy or just plain bitterness or unhappiness, I wanted to cry.

 

    I made a small strangled sound.

 

    Mr. Black pulled me up from the chair into his arms. Then next thing I knew I was sobbing into his chest. "Oh, my sweet confused Louise." Mr. Black said. "I fear we've done this all wrong, myself and the Pack." His voice held real emotion and regret.

 

    He carried me into the bedroom and placed me on the bed. Then he lay down beside me and held me close.

 

    And I cried and cried.

 

    I was so confused yet I wanted to have hope. Hope everything would be okay. Hope I'd soon feel okay once again.

 

    Right now I had no hope. All I knew was pain and bitterness.

 

   But Mr. Black held me and kissed me tenderly and at least, at this moment, I felt comforted for the first time in a long time



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Here goes three more chapters read for you.

Ch 7
I was in two minds about L being pregnant when I resumed reading. i thought this is getting in the way of what the readers really want i.e. human blood, flesh and death. But then I thought, no, this is clever because it is different AND many female readers will be into this because getting pregnant by a warewolf wld be a freaking total turn on for them. Firstly they have had sex with the beast-man and been chosen by him. This means they have his attention and are wanted by him. It means they are more deeply into it all also. So I am positive about it on second thought. Also you are clever in keeping the very exciting scene of first human kill up your sleeve. We know it is coming, but we have to wait, and you feed us these other steaming cubes of meat to keep us going. By painting this detailed pic of the packs life you also make it all more convincing. So when we get to the real meat (more)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ch 8
(more) The stuff about 'going back into my house' the kitchen etc. It is a clever conceit. All seems recognisable, believable. We, too, feel at home in your story.
This line had my antenna twitching, 'I'd be the warewolf of human nightmares.' it reminds your reader what the story is about, where it is going, that, despite the superficial normality and gentleness they, we are going to get some really gory exciting killing action anon. That is the genre. The cleverness in your story is in the patient, teasing build up to it.
L even seems apart from Mr.B. more extreme than him in some ways. But then she is pregnanth and so can feel as she chooses.
Those lines near the end are the best in this chapter, 'I dreamed my dark dream.' Your readers will dream with you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ch 8
And yet, L is no child. The fact she wants to play in the snow like a child is a great device on your part. It shows her as innocent, but she is not innocent, she is the opposite in her dark intentions and desires.
She is also very able to look afterheself in the b***h fight that is brewing with her enemies in the pack. This is a good sub-plot and mirrors life. Your readers will love that L is tough.
You readers will also understand and love that stuff about their being no film, book or university to learn from. The fact that L is in a book herself is sort of disguised by this comment. (m0re)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ch7
(more) Her depression is really tender, she is very human, we can recognise ourselves in her and sympathise with her. This is very clever on your part. So, too, Mr. B reflects our urge to protect L.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ch 7
(more) of your story we will be sold into it by the patient build up.
There is also real emotion in this. 'I know I wasn't ready to be a mother.' But that Mr.Black was just such a lover! Cld also see Miss S flipping her white hair over her shoulder. And all those little gifts! Very touching, very counter WW, so really different and good.
Yet, L keeps us guessing with her urges to be away, to be back in the real world where she can have her way. She is a rebel from humanity and a rebel from the pack, too. Your reader will like that independent streak in her.
Her dream of escaping back to humanity is really arch! But of course she doesn't want to escape to take up her knitting again. She is a super hungery WW we sense.
(more)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Here goes three more chapters read for you.

Ch 7
I was in two minds about L being pregnant when I resumed reading. i thought this is getting in the way of what the readers really want i.e. human blood, flesh and death. But then I thought, no, this is clever because it is different AND many female readers will be into this because getting pregnant by a warewolf wld be a freaking total turn on for them. Firstly they have had sex with the beast-man and been chosen by him. This means they have his attention and are wanted by him. It means they are more deeply into it all also. So I am positive about it on second thought. Also you are clever in keeping the very exciting scene of first human kill up your sleeve. We know it is coming, but we have to wait, and you feed us these other steaming cubes of meat to keep us going. By painting this detailed pic of the packs life you also make it all more convincing. So when we get to the real meat (more)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise is having a hard time dealing with her new life and now she has to deal with a baby coming along. This has all happened to fast, no wonder she is having a hard time. Maybe Mr. Black will be more helpful now.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AWESOME AS ALWAYS:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad that Mr. Black is being comforting toward Louise! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hope things get better for Louise and that Mr. Black really will be nicer to her.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Black is finally showing her comfort and understanding, it seems as if their relationship is finally developing into something more then physical attraction. I'm thoroughly enjoying this story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..