Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Life quickly changes for Louise.

"

     I decided on our son's name and I chose the name Armand. Mr. Black was okay with my choice.

 

    The Pack Leader and his mate stopped by a couple sleep cycles after the big battle, as I thought of it. They greeted Armand and the Pack Leader gave his approval of him becoming part of the Pack.

 

    It was all just ceremonial, of course. So was presenting Armand to the Pack. There was much howling after Mr. Black held up our son and introduced him by name.

 

    All ceremonial. But at least I was there. Not left out this time.

 

    But my thoughts were on what was going to happen to Red Eyes, Silver Eyes, Cedar and Miss Clover. Cedar was severely wounded by my attack but was healing.

 

    That was one thing about Wolf People. We healed quickly from injuries. And we never get sick. There is no need for doctors or medicine in this world.

 

    The next big event was the trial. It was going to be held very soon now. Waiting was making me nervous. I held Armand close to me as we sat comfortably on the bed.

 

    After cleaning up with the meal we just had Mr. Black came to join me. He sat close to us on the bed.

 

    "You look beautiful holding our son. Actually, you look very beautiful all the time." He smiled at me, a kind of gentle smile.

 

    I felt myself grow warm with embarrassment. My words of several sleep cycles ago, the ones I so blurted out, were coming back to haunt me now.

 

    I looked everywhere but at him.

 

    He reached out and fingered my hair, pulling some of it through his fingers. "Silky." He said.

 

    This was so unlike him I had to fight down the urge to leap off the bed, demanding to know what was wrong with him at the same time.

 

    I didn't. I held Armand tighter to me. I felt like I was using him as a shield.

 

    I heard Mr. Black's soft chuckle.

 

    I looked at him then.

 

    His eyes had a luminous reddish light in them. His desire for me was obvious. It made me shiver.

 

    "What's the matter with you?" I finally asked, my voice kind of shrill.

 

     "I'm making you uncomfortable." He said like he was pleased.

 

   "Well, stop." I said.

 

    "Don't crush our son." Mr. Black said, amusement still in his voice.

 

    I sighed, loosening my arms a bit. "What's going to happen at the trial? Is it going to take long?"

 

    "Not long at all." Mr. Black answered. "They will be brought out before the Pack. The Pack Leader will proclaim the charges and ask for a punishment: exile or beheading. The Pack will call out their choice. The choice most voted for will be their punishment."

 

    I stared at him. "Just like that?" I asked. "No trial or anything?"

 

    "Just like that." Mr. Black answered.

 

    "The whole Pack is the jury? What if they choose exile?"

 

    Mr. Black looked grim all of a sudden. "I will hunt them down and kill them all. Decapitation for all five of them."

 

    "I hope you don't have to. The Pack ought to see they should die for what they tried to do. Lure us away to get at our Wolf Child." I said angrily.

 

    "They would have had us follow them and behead you. Maybe me." Mr. Black said. "I'm certain Dawn was out in the forest waiting, with others she had recruited. I mean to find out."

 

    I trembled, trying to hold my anger in. "She wouldn't see you dead Mr. Black. This is all because she wants you."

 

    Mr. Black snarled, "I've never been interested in Dawn. She's too blind and self-centered to accept this."

 

    He stood up from the bed. "We must be going. The trial will be held in the center of the village. The snow has been cleared away for this."

 

    Mr. Black and I put on heavy clothes as quickly as we could. The freezing temperatures didn't really bother us but prolonged exposure in our Human Forms could be uncomfortable.

 

    I made sure Armand was comfortable in his smaller version of our outfits. A baby Wolf Child would suffer horribly in the cold.

 

    Wolf People were already gathering in the center of the village. Mr. Black put his arm around my waist and pulled me close as we walked.

 

    As we reached the center Miss Snow joined us. We greeted each other with silent nods. Then Pine, Miss Rose and Mr. Stalker showed up. We all greeted each other with silent nods.

 

   I saw Mr. Black nodding to other Wolf People in the gathering crowd.

 

   The group was silent. Everyone was waiting. Then the Pack Leader appeared with his mate. They walked to the center of the group as everyone shifted to make a circle around them.

 

    The Pack Leader raised his hand into the air and made a signal.

 

    Several Wolf People came toward the circle escorting the accused.

 

    I smiled grimly at the sight of Red Eyes, Silver Eyes and the other two. The wound I left on Cedar looked like it was almost healed. How I longed to have at her again. And this time finish the job.

 

    Their handlers forced them to halt in the center of the circle. All four of them kept their gaze lowered.

 

    "Here are the accused. Miss Ivy, Morning, Cedar and Miss Clover. Their crime is attacking Mr. Black's family with the intent to do harm. What will their punishment be? Exile or execution?"

 

    Everyone in the crowd started shouting. I did too.

 

   "Execution." I repeated over and over. So did Mr. Black and our friends.

 

    But it was quickly obvious what was happening. And it filled me with an awful chilled feeling.

 

    The Pack was calling for exile.

 

    The few of us calling for execution were greatly out numbered. The calls for exile were clearly going to win.

 

    I looked up at Mr. Black; sure the disbelief in my eyes was obvious. "How?" I asked.

 

    He could easily hear me in all the shouting going on. "They might be exiled from this village but they will not survive long." Mr. Black said to me.

 

     The shouting was coming to an end. I turned back to see what was happening. The Pack Leader had both arms in the air.

 

    Silence fell completely.

 

    "The Pack has spoken. Exile for Miss Ivy, Miss Clover, Cedar and Morning. Do not return. Your punishment will be execution if you do." The Pack Leader said to the four of them.

 

    I watched as they were led away. I trembled with disappointment and outrage.

 

   "This is too much." I said.

 

    The Wolf People were dispersing back to their homes. I watched this with bitterness.

 

    "They'll be gone, at least." Miss Snow said to me. I could tell she didn't believe it.

 

    "This isn't over." Mr. Black said.

 

     I held Armand in my arms and started for our home.

 

    Miss Snow, Pine, Mr. Stalker and Miss Rose came along with Mr. Black and myself.

 

    Mr. Stalker was grinning, "The hunt is on, I take it?"

 

    "You're correct." Mr. Black said. "We'll need to make a few plans."

 

    Miss Rose turned to me. "I believe those four won't be returning here, nor Dawn either."

 

    We reached our house. "No. Mr. Black will see to that." And I smiled, a grim and menacing one, as if I was going to be on this hunt.

 

    But I had other plans. And perhaps now would be a good time to act on them, put my plans into motion.

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another great chapter. The ending has me thinking. She wants to put her own plans in action which is to escape the Wolf World yet she wants to see those other Wolves killed. Does she really plan on leaving? Is she trying to convince herself differently from what she knows is really her destiny. Like the lingering thoughts this chapter left.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

that made me mad that they weren't killed, i hope nothing happens when mr. black goes to kill them. very suspenceful, i love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They need to get rid of Dawn's Fan Club. They'll never leave Mr. Black and Louise alone. And Louise isn't ready to accept her life the way it is now.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poor Louise. Does she really know what she wants? She wants to escape and she wants those other Wolf People killed. Maybe she'll get both things that she wants.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another great chapter. The ending has me thinking. She wants to put her own plans in action which is to escape the Wolf World yet she wants to see those other Wolves killed. Does she really plan on leaving? Is she trying to convince herself differently from what she knows is really her destiny. Like the lingering thoughts this chapter left.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome chapter here, Like this one alot, wonderful detail and imagery. Very creative chapter I must say.
Enjoyable read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

576 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..