Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise feels the Blood Hunger returning.

"

    I was feeling it again, that rising tide of Blood Hunger. Blood thirsty. Thirsty for raw human flesh and blood.

 

    It was an awful hunger. A powerful and primitive hunger. A visceral hunger.

 

    I wanted to slip back to the Human World. But not to live, even though I thought I’d still like that, but to hunt, to kill.

 

    To hunt to kill a human. To tear apart the body while the human was still alive, sink my muzzle into its ripped open stomach and feast!

 

    I trembled with this longing! My body felt flushed with heat and I got up out of bed.

 

    Mr. Black was asleep. But he’d probably wake up the moment I left the bedroom.

 

    Armand, my precious Wolf Child, was sound asleep in his baby bed.

 

    I sighed with such a deep love for my son as I gently laid a finger against his warm soft cheek. His dark eyelashes created soft shadows beneath his eyes.

 

    I stood up from Armand’s bed and padded out of the bedroom, through the front room and into the kitchen.

 

    I was hungry. Desperately hungry but I didn’t want freshly killed elk or deer. That would not truly satisfy me.

 

    I paced in the little kitchen. I went to the window and looked out. The snow was almost all gone. Only patches here and there remained. The night sky was coated with clouds. Moonlight burned behind the clouds, creating an eerie shine deep within them.

 

 

    Interesting, I thought, but right now I was too hungry to really appreciate this spectacular sight.

 

    I saw several Wolf People in their Wolf Forms slipping away into the Douglas Fir and skeletal Broadleaf Maple forest. And I saw others returning from the dark shadowy forest, resume their Human Forms and head off in the directions of their homes.

 

    I felt my stomach cramp with pain. Hunger Pains. I made a soft whimpering sound.

 

    It was the Wolf Child growing in me that created this overwhelming Blood Hunger. I hugged myself.

 

    I want to feed you what you want, my little Wolf Baby, I thought to the Wolf Child growing in me. But do I dare?

 

   I could get dressed and slink out into the forest and head for that misty grey veil between the Wolf People’s World and the Human World and become the human’s werewolf of myth and legend. Kill to my heart’s content, feed and then return to the Wolf People’s World.

 

    Or I could wake Mr. Black and plead my case until he gave in.

 

    Mr. Black would know the instant I left so I decided that it would be better to go wake him and plead.

 

    I growled a soft, unhappy growl. I didn’t want to beg, but what choice did I have right now?

 

    The Blood Hunger ruled my existence. I headed back to the bedroom to wake up Mr. Black.

 

    But I saw as soon as I entered the bedroom he was already awake and sitting up in bed waiting for me.

 

    “Restless?” He asked me.

 

    “I am.” I got onto the bed and crawled across it to sit beside him. “I am hungry.”

 

    “You’re pregnant.”

 

    “That’s not what I mean. I am hungry for human flesh.”

 

    “I was afraid this would happen again with your second pregnancy.” Mr. Black pulled me onto his lap.

 

    “I want to hunt humans. I need to hunt humans.” I felt that cramping in my stomach again and I wrapped my arms around my middle.

 

    I made a pathetic whimpering sound.

 

    Mr. Black put his arms around me tightly, holding me close. “Louise. Louise. Louise.”

 

    “Well?” I almost snarled. “Will I be allowed to do as I desire?” I asked harshly.

 

    Mr. Black just chuckled in response.

 

    That made me a little mad. I tried to wiggle out of his arms but he wouldn’t let me go.

 

    “Calm down Louise.” He said. “Don’t try to fight me.”

 

    “I know. I know. I won’t win.” I said. I looked over to the baby bed where Armand slept. “I’m just going to have to be satisfied with eating huge sickening amounts of raw freshly killed elk and deer. Right?” I didn’t even try to keep the bitterness out of my voice.

 

    All Mr. Black did was chuckle again.

 

    I turned in his arms just enough to punch him. Hard.

 

    “Ouch!” He barked. “That hurt!” But he didn’t mean it. I could easily hear the laughter in his voice.

 

    That really made me mad. I raised my arm and meant to put all my Wolf strength into punching him again. Meaning to hurt him! Wanting to hurt him!

 

    Before I could swing my fist at him in what I hoped was a super power punch he caught my wrist.

 

    “I don’t think so Louise.” He said. His voice had gone a little cold. “Control yourself. Just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you can go all savage and wild.”

 

    I heaved a big sigh, trying to calm down but that tormenting hunger pain churning in my stomach made it so hard.

 

    “But I’m sooo hungry!” I hated the whimper I heard in my own voice but I could not have kept it out if I had tried.

 

    “Okay Louise. You will have what you so desire.”

 

    I was stunned! Had I heard him right? I turned in his arms to look at him and he let me.

 

    “What?”

    “You heard me Louise. Yes. I will take you to the Human World. And we will hunt a human. And we will both feast!”

 

   I felt as if I was suddenly going to faint! Was he really going to let me? Was I really going to hunt and kill a human?

 

    The ultimate prey animal.

 

    “Yes. The answer is yes! You are far enough along being a Wolf Person that you are ready for this hunt.” Mr. Black told me.

 

    I laughed with pure happiness and wrapped my arms around him. “When? When can we go?”

 

    “As soon as we can get Mr. Brown and Maple here to watch Armand. Then we can go to the Human World and hunt us a human!”

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i have mixed feelings about this, i hope she gets what she wants.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Black is going to be a nice guy and let her hunt humans. Can't wait to read how that goes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Louise is going to hunt a human!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

She is finally going to get what she so desperately wants. I'm wondering if she is actually going to be able to go through with it, but then again it seems like her hunger is controlling all of her emotions. Curious to see what will happen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I felt as if I was suddenly going to faint! Was he really going to let me? Was I really going to hunt and kill a human? The ultimate prey animal.

So awesome and so true really. us humans can be prey i do believe that.
This is amazing like this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

523 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sunset Sunset

A Poem by Susan14