Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Werewolves of Human Myth and Legend.

"

    I could hardly contain myself. Maybe I was wanting this too much.

 

    To return to the Human World and hunt a human! To kill, slaughter, to rip open and to consume!

 

    I shivered with ecstasy at the thought.

 

    But right now I had to contain myself. Maple was sitting in the comfy chair holding a sleepy Armand on her lap.

 

    And she was talking to me. I had to force myself to concentrate and listen. I didn’t want to appear stupid.

 

    “Mr. Black is lucky. It’s amazing how quickly you got pregnant after he turned you. Usually it takes a very long time, seasons, before a turned female can have Wolf Children. You’re very unusual Louise.” She smiled at me as she said this.

 

   I smiled in return. I made a little laugh that I thought was appropriate. I guessed I should feel complimented. It seemed I’d managed to do something unique and important in Wolf People’s eyes. At least my body did.

 

    “Thank you Maple.” I said.

 

    I could hear Mr. Black and Mr. Brown talking. I hoped they wouldn’t talk too long. I wanted to get going.

 

    My body was hurting, it felt like it was burning on the inside, it was so desperate for raw, still warm, still living freshly killed human flesh.

 

    “You have a lovely Wolf Son.” Maple said, holding Armand securely as he grew limp with sleepiness. He could hardly keep his eyes open.

 

    I wondered what Maple would think if she knew I was pregnant again. If the Wolf People had believed in any gods, I’m sure she’d be praising him and telling me I needed to do the same.

 

    Soon enough she’d know. The whole Pack would. Would there be another announcement to the whole Pack? Would the Pack Leader and his mate come by to congratulate Mr. Black again?

 

    Would I be left out this time as well? I had some hope I wouldn’t be. Mr. Black seemed to care more about my feelings than he had back then.

 

    “I adore Armand.” I said in answer to Maple’s comment.

 

    “I know you do. I hope to have a Wolf Child myself someday. Pregnancies are rare for Wolf People. Wolf Children are cherished.”

 

    “I know.” And I did. There were so few around. They were so cherished and so rare parents kept them close to them, never letting them stray.

 

     There were no Wolf Children running loose in the village, playing all sorts of games and pranks like in the Human World where children were common place.

 

    I was getting tense and felt a very painful need to get up and pace.

 

    I wanted to scream at Mr. Black to stop talking so we could get going. My stomach cramped with its need. I put my arms around my middle.

 

    I saw Maple eyeing me with concern. I was relieved she didn’t ask me what was wrong.

 

    She must have known I needed to be going because she called to her mate, “Dear, I think you’ve talked long enough. If you don’t cut it off Mr. Black and Louise won’t be needing Armand watched.”

 

    I smiled to her in thanks.

 

    She winked back at me and gave a slight nod, her smile very kind.

 

    Mr. Black and Mr. Brown hurried out of the kitchen, both repeating their apologies.

 

    I stood up and faced Mr. Black.

 

    He gave me a quick kiss on the mouth. “Sorry sweet thing. That was unforgivable. We’ll be going now.”

 

    We all said quick goodbyes, Maple wishing us to have a good time. I gave Armand a kiss and then Mr. Black and I were out the door.

 

    I was very relieved once we were outside beneath a clear cold sky with the silver blue moon’s splash shimmering across everything. The stars added their own dazzle to the darkness.

 

    In the distance a pack of coyotes were singing. Their sound made me ache to be Wolf, to run through the dark and shadowy forest, to track deer and elk and to bring them down and consume them while they were still alive, while their hearts were still beating.

 

    My whole body trembled with my need.

 

   But it wasn’t elk and deer flesh and blood I wanted but human.

 

   Mr. Black put his arm around my waist and led me to the forest edge.

 

    “We’ll go in our Wolf Forms. Travel will be very much quicker.”

 

    And we shape shifted into our Wolf Forms. Myself, an ash hue Wolf, Mr. Black a very dark Wolf.

 

    We leaped with an exhilarated bound into the dark Douglas Fir and skeletal Broadleaf Maple forest and headed for the misty grey veil that separated the Wolf People’s World from the Human World.

 

 

 

    In our Wolf Forms Mr. Black and I raced through the misty grey veil that separated the two worlds. We came through to the human side in a sun drenched rural area.

 

    The bright sunlight momentarily blinded me. I was so use to the moon’s gentle shine.

 

    But I quickly recovered.

 

    We stood at the edge of a small wooded area. Before us was some kind of trailer park or mobile home park

 

    Children were playing in its streets with several dogs hanging out with them.

 

    My heart pounded with excitement as I sniffed the air.

 

    Humans were everywhere!

 

    Their blood scent was thick and coiling all around me.

 

    I whined in my excitement. I was ready for the hunt.

 

    Stay in control Louise! Don’t be reckless. I heard Mr. Black’s voice in my head.

 

    Okay. Okay. I am. I said back to him, my voice I knew in his head.

 

    Mr. Black tested the air.

 

    He turned his dark Wolf gaze away from the trailer park and toward a nearby river.

 

    I could easily hear the water rushing as it went by. The sound of constant traffic on the highway that went past the trailer park couldn’t drown it out.

 

    Birds sang in the leafy branches above us. Canadian geese talked loudly from the river’s shore and a couple of large black ravens made their weird sounds from the top of a tree by where we were standing.

 

    A human down by the river’s shore. He is alone. Mr. Black said to me.

 

    I made a small excited little woof sound. I wagged my tail in my eagerness.

 

    Follow me. Mr. Black ordered.

 

    And I followed him. We slipped through the woods without a sound and within a minute we were standing on a small bluff looking out over the river.

 

    But it was what was below us that was of interest.

 

    A young man fishing. Standing only a few feet into the rushing river.

 

    Him? I asked.

 

    Yes. Mr. Black answered.

 

    I started a low growl.

 

    Mr. Black scanned the area with all of his senses, making sure no humans were within seeing distance of us and our target.

 

    We’ll attack and drag him up onto the shore into those reeds and leafy bushes. He looked in the direction he wanted me to look. See?

 

    I see! And I did! I was ready. I was ready to become the werewolf of human myth and legend!

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i wonder why louise can so easily ger pregnant? well i hope we find out, can't wait for the kill.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Everything has been set in motion now its time for the kill. Louise isn't having a too hard of time handling being a Wolf Person right now. She likes being a werewolf when the Blood Hunger is upon her, she can't help herself.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is going to happen! This is exciting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

In this chapter you really painted a picture and you did it so well that I felt that I could see the stream and hear the water rushing. The buildup is great as well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like this chaper thought It was super alot of imagery and detail. MAde it a very enjoyable read. Like it
bunches!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

601 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 23 Chapter 23

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 31 Chapter 31

A Chapter by Tina Kline